Account Specialist – Applied Industrial Technologies – Cantonment, FL
Applied Industrial Technologies Back to Listings
Applied Industrial Technologies is currently seeking an Account Specialist to join our team. In this role, you’ll get to flex your muscles by planning, implementing, and executing target industry marketing programs. You’ll help bring it all together as you call on engineers, maintenance, purchasing and others using your consultative selling approach to learn about your customers’ applications and needs.
Along the way, you’ll receive some of the industry’s best benefits, unrivaled career development opportunities, and be a part of the best team in the industry. If you think you have what it takes we’d love to hear from you – apply today!
- Perform a day to day review and processing of requisitions as assigned.
- Perform data order entry into AIT’s and customer’s systems to obtain quotes, issue purchase orders, and maintain the blanket purchase orders for the relevant business.
- Evaluate and resolve changes in part numbers through MSSR function, manufacturers or changes to fit, form, and function. Work with customer personnel to obtain approval of changes prior to material receipt. Notify customer of items that are obsolete or discontinued.
- Continually identify duplicate stock codes or product.
- Maintain lead times for those items on the look ahead.
- Work with service centers to collect information on weekly backlog and past due reports.
- Work with service centers and customers to expedite orders.
- Provide product sourcing assistance and continually pursue products within our scope of supply.
- Address specific problems as they relate to notifications.
- Work directly with warehouse personnel and service centers to resolve receiving issues
- Resolve, monitor, and track all product warranty issues with the service center.
- Track cost savings achieved by Applied and documented value add to our customers.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience, traits, and skills as they join our team and help move us to the next level.
- Equivalent to bachelor’s degree in business, sales or marketing related fields
- 3 to 5 years’ industry related work experience.
- Proven experience in developing new business, building repeat business, and managing a sales territory
- Relationship-building skills at all levels with customers and prospect organizations
- Hands-on product demonstrations for customers and prospects; mechanical aptitude
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record are essential
- Experience in a related field of Applied product – bearings, power transmission components, fluid power, general industrial supplies, etc.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, and willing to take on tasks of all types to get the job done
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading value-added distributor and technical solutions provider of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, automation technologies, and related maintenance supplies. Our leading brands, specialized services, and comprehensive knowledge serve MRO and OEM end users in virtually all industrial markets through our multi-channel capabilities that provide choice, convenience, and expertise.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to [email protected] or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.
Posted 12 days ago