Application Engineer – Advantech USA – Milpitas, CA
Advantech USA Back to Listings
Pulled from the full job description
Employee assistance program
Job Title: Application Engineer (Device and Connectivity Products)
Location(s): Cincinnati, OH; Milpitas, CA; Chicago, IL
About this position
Provide presales application engineering service to prospective customers and sales team members, solution Architecture suggestion, post-sales technical support to customers, project support for integrating products, and product training, for all device and connectivity products.
The definition of “Device and Connectivity products” typically includes Remote I/O products(ADAM), Wireless Sensing(WISE), plug-in I/O cards, Cellular Router, serial device servers.
- Respond to customers including Key Accounts, Channel Partners, and General Accounts, as well as Advantech sales team members with respect to application inquiries and provide technical assistance in selecting products for the specific application.
- Evaluate projects with the sales team to advise the potential customers with respect to specification of various device products and any anticipated degree of difficulty with modifying and/or integrating the various products.
- Provide training to customers, the sales teams, and fellow AEs with respect to the technical aspects of various device products.
- Become proficient at using all configuration software for all device products and using internal software for recording support requests, looking up RMAs, and other internal administrative tasks.
- Make decisions with respect to RMA return authorization whether the product is in warranty and whether the RMA request with respect to the state of the product failure.
- Technical degree in engineering, science, or equivalent.
- Understanding of remote I/O, PC based plug-in I/O, PLCs, PACs, and other field devices.
- Understanding of industrial communication technologies including Ethernet, serial, wireless, and fieldbus, and various communication protocols, such as Modbus.
- Industrial automation application knowledge is helpful, including factory automation, machine automation, and in fields such as Power & Energy, Water & Waste Water, or Oil & Gas.
- Strong Organization skills, some experience with Microsoft Office products, and a collaborative disposition, but able to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% on average.
- Competitive salary dependent on experience (DOE)
- Winning culture with a friendly, team-oriented environment!
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) with company match
- Education & personal development reimbursement program
- Generous vacation and paid holidays package
- Company events, lunches, and trips
- Work from home program
- Referral Bonus
- Snacks & drinks in-office
Founded in 1983, Advantech is a leader in providing trusted innovative embedded and automation products and solutions. Advantech offers comprehensive system integration, hardware, software, customer-centric design services, and global logistics support; all backed by industry-leading front and back office e-business solutions. Advantech has always been an innovator in the development and manufacture of high-quality, high-performance computing platforms.
We cooperate closely with our partners to help provide complete solutions for a wide array of applications across a diverse range of industries. To realize our corporate vision of Enabling an Intelligent Planet, Advantech will continue collaborating and partnering for Smart city & IoT Solutions.
Advantech is an authorized alliance partner of both Intel® and Microsoft®. Our customers will find the technologies we use inside our products to be widely compatible with other products in the global marketplace. In 2018 and 2019, Interbrand, the world renowned brand consulting firm, once again recognized Advantech efforts to build a trusted, global brand; it also symbolizes a promise we gave to our business partners, which was to do our best to keep building a trustworthy brand that is recognized everywhere in the world. Advantech was selected as Interbrand’s #5 best Taiwan Global Brand in 2018.
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations (ITAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8. U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. More information can be found at https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html
Advantech is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We accept applications directly from candidates only and will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees absent a formal agreement.
Posted 30+ days ago