Applications Engineer – Hydro-Thermal – Waukesha, WI
Full Job Description
Do you want to be part of a team where we work collaboratively to achieve our goals? Do you enjoy working in an innovative and growth focused environment? A company that invests in its equipment and its team members? Then Hydro-Thermal is the company for you!
At Hydro-Thermal Corporation success is attributed to people who are committed to technical competence, are responsive to customers’ needs, are friendly, are willing to work hard, have complete integrity, and are active in our industry and in the local communities.
As an Applications Engineer, you will establish and maintain strong professional relationships throughout all stages of the sales process and remain the primary customer contact for engineering related support as you work within the Application Engineering group to support one of the three industry sales teams of the company, with cross-training and coverage to the other industrial teams.
In this position, you will maintain expert level of product knowledge and applications for standard product lines and their implementation as you work in partnership with other Applications Engineers and the sales team with a broad range of project assignments, as well as:
- Facilitate equipment sales or modifying a product/design to fit customer needs.
- Utilize customer provided or directly obtain process data to determine technical specifications, process layout and other details necessary to prepare equipment sizing’s.
- Determine system requirements and direct the preparation of bid proposal packages; including scope, specifications, process layout, drawings and pricing.
- Perform trials and service calls at the customer related to concept validation, startup, and maintenance of equipment to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts for resolving customer complaints and warranty issues in a fair and equitable manner to both the company and the customer.
- Travel to customer sites to perform plant audits, system design, technical review meetings and potential equipment trials (up to 25% domestic and occasional international).
- Provides design and specification inputs for development of new market opportunities and supports the business development team throughout the product development process.
- Draft technical papers to support new applications with the opportunity to present at conferences and industry trade shows.
- Minimum of a BS Engineering degree; preference in Chemical or Mechanical (Electrical or other equivalent degrees considered)
- Strong communication skills for direct customer contact and leading technical discussions
- Desire for providing a high level of customer service and satisfaction
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Highly organized with prioritization and time management skills for working on multiple projects at once
- Process engineering experience with the ability to interpret and develop custom P&IDs, with an understanding of reading architectural, mechanical and electrical diagrams
- Experience in food and beverage or industrial processing applications
- Understanding of PLC logic, PID loop tuning and process data analysis
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD or other similar 2D drawing programs is beneficial
- Familiarity with InforCRM or similar customer relationship management (CRM) software
In addition to your base compensation, you are provided with a wide range of benefit programs which are designed to enhance the quality of your life, to provide protection and help when some of life’s problems may occur.
- Continuing Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation and Personal Time Off and paid Holidays
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Company provided Life/AD&D
Hydro-Thermal is always on the lookout for exceptional people. We value innovative, growth-centric minded folks who have integrity and never stop being a customer advocate.
EEO Statement Hydro-Thermal Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Posted 1 day ago