Applications Engineer – Kohler – Kohler, WI
Kohler’s Engineer- Application role is the technical expert and the liaison between Kohler and its distribution network. The Engineer-Application is responsible for providing pre-sales technical support to Kohler distributors and developing, quoting, and supporting creative solutions for non-standard solutions for generators, ATS, and related accessories. This role supports both industrial distributors and the Kohler’s direct selling team.
- Analyze customer requests for non-standard products, provide pricing, revise quotes, and advise customers of results.
- Develop creative solutions to customer power issues and work with the customer to implement the proposed solution.
Provide technical support to distributors and customers with generator, ATS, and related accessory application questions in an efficient and timely manner.
- Provide technical assistance on Kohler’s industrial product line (i.e., ratings, sizing, etc.).
- Monitor projects progress and manage priorities to make sure projects are completed on time.
Be a liaison between the technical engineers and nontechnical customers.
- Represent Kohler with customer interactions in the Kohler facility or at the customer’s location.
- Review drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams and installation documentation to assist contractors, engineers, or distributor with application questions.
- Issue, log, and maintain quotation and order numbers for all engineered special product activities, maintaining centralized documentation area and functions.
- Develop and implementation sales tools and procedures (ex. process, training, tools, sales presentations, account and project tracking, metrics etc.).
- Perform other related assignments as required.
- Bachelor’ of Science Degree in Engineering (BSEE preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Experience in the power generation industry
- Strong personal characteristics are mandatory in the areas of technical aptitude, problem solving, communication, organization, judgment, attitude, initiative, and follow-up.
- Experience in technical quoting, reading engineering drawings and specifications.
- Generator sizing and application experience preferred
- Must be knowledgeable in industry power products (generators, ATS, circuit breakers, custom enclosures etc.), pertinent codes and standards (NEC, IEEE, UL, IBC, etc.) and overall on-site power system design and integration
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Excel, Power BI, Word, Power Point and
- Access preferably experience with SAP, Salesforce, and AutoCAD.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.’s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, RRSP/DPSP pension plan, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities.
Posted 18 days ago