Assistant Manager-McLemore Bargain Store – Goodwill Gulf Coast – Pensacola, FL
Goodwill Gulf Coast Back to Listings
$13 an hour
Full Job Description
SUPERVISES: Store Employees, participants/trainees STATUS: Hourly, Non-Exempt
To ensure the efficient and cost effective operation and stewardship of the Goodwill Bargain Store, to maximize profitability and increase employment and/or training opportunities.
To supervise the daily operations of Bargain Store.
- Ensures World Class donor and customer service.
- With store manager, ensures hiring, training, development, supervision, and evaluation of team members within the framework of Goodwill policies and procedures and job descriptions.
- With store manager, develops, trains, and supervises store staff ensuring they are able to perform all of the duties and responsibilities outlined in this position description on a regular or intermittent basis.
- With store manager, creates a solid team that will deliver excellent financial results and provides a safe, healthy, and productive work and training environment for all team members.
- With store manager, operates the retail store within budgeted expense to revenue ratios.
- Ensures good stewardship of all donations, through proper handling and processing of incoming donation flow in and out of the store in accordance with Goodwill policies and procedures.
- Schedules and/ or maintains labor and payroll in accordance with Goodwill policies and procedures.
- Makes sure that cash registers are balanced, bank deposits are prepared and that records of store transactions are maintained daily.
- Ensures the proper rotation of all store merchandise.
- With store manager, initiates, completes and submits personnel, new hire and payroll records, accurately, in a timely manner.
- Ensures the cleanliness and image of the store and/or donation stations by making sure that staff adheres to interior and exterior cleanliness standards.
- Minimizes accidents and Workers Compensation claims by making sure that safety and accident reporting standards are followed and preventive measures are taken.
- Works with the mission services staff to collectively develop trainees assigned to the store.
- Works with the CCO and HRT to maintain compliance with Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facility standards.
- Works in donation stations as attendant during absences, as needed.
- Performs assigned duties within the framework of our Mission, Vision, Core Values and Guiding Principles.
- Attends internal and external training as assigned by Director or VP.
- May be asked to participate in activities and events that promote and/or generate revenue for the agency.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director or VP.
- Acts as a positive role model for employees in all aspects of professional performance.
- Regular attendance is required as outlined in Goodwills attendance policy.
Skills, knowledge and abilities: (these are required to enable job holder to perform the essential functions of the job).
- Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
- Must be able to market Goodwill and explain the mission to the general public.
- Must have good computer skills and the ability to use electronic reporting and/or data management systems.
- Must have the ability to use basic office equipment.
- Must be able to take initiative and work well with little supervision.
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to keep information confidential.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
- Must be able to maintain an effective working relationship with, and among employees while motivating them to their best performance.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, on short notice, including nights and weekends, and regularly in excess of 40 hours per week.
- Ability to function in a hectic work environment with occasional periods of high stress.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Experience in business (retail) setting preferred
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Minimum of two years of management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience training individuals with disabilities and low socio-economic team members.
- Ability to engage in frequent bending, stretching, stooping, prolonged standing, walking and twisting.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 lbs. frequently and 75 lbs. with assistance occasionally.
- Ability to push equipment on wheels weighing 50 lbs. to 150 lbs.
- Ability to use fingers, hands and wrists.
Frequent physical exertion; exposure to unfit donated goods; regular travel throughout the Gulf Coast area. May be subjected to the usual hazards of highway driving.
Critical Performance Factors:
- Budgeted Sales vs. Actual Sales
- Budgeted Profit vs. Actual Profit
- Customer Service
- Safety/Accident Prevention
- Image of ADCs, Bargain Store, trucks and its employees
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Posted 4 days ago