Big Ticket/Mattress Commission Sales Colleague – Macy's – Santa Rosa, CA
From $19 an hour
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
The Furniture Sales Associate is responsible for providing outstanding customer service, meeting hourly sales, protection plan (WorryNoMore), return rate and Star Rewards goals on a personal and departmental basis while demonstrating superior product knowledge to customers. To create a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable. The associate is also responsible for follow-up/clienteling and performing other duties as necessary
- Be proficient in all systems need to complete transactions (SOCR, MySA, BT tablet app, POS, search and send and MPOS).
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own.
- Assist customers in all aspects of total store experience and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority.
- Handle all returns and delivery issues courteously and professionally.
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other customer preference related factors.
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimize returns.
- Suggest additional items to compliment customer furniture selection which includes both product and services such as WorryNoMore.
- Responsible for achieving personal sales goals, Star Reward goals, WorryNoMore Conversion Goal and return rate goal.
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy’s commitment to our customer-the most important person in our stores.
- Use MySa clientele program to maintain customer profile and contact information to increase personal sales.
- Maintain contact with customers thru pre- and post-delivery contacts to ensure a positive shopping and delivery experience.
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures.
- Develop product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and pamphlets, attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer, complete all vendor courses on the Big Ticket University.
- Be aware of current promotional events and sales.
- Maintain department recovery standards; which includes recovery and signing.
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures.
- Follows shortage programs and procedures.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- No Education or Experience Required
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
Candidates in Colorado: Click here for Pay Range and here to learn about Benefits.
Candidates in Connecticut: Click here for Pay Range
Candidates in Nevada: Click here for Pay Range
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Santa Rosa, CA 95401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Employer reviewed job 14 days ago
Posted 26 days ago