Business Development – ETHOS Event Collective – Amelia Island, FL
ETHOS Event Collective Back to Listings
$40,000 – $50,000 a year
Full Job Description
Associate degree or equivalent experience
Seven or more years total work experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Hospitality, Event Services, or related field preferred
Two years of sales related experience preferred (DMC or Hotel)
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position is essential to the sales process in the development and presentation of services we offer, and works with the Marketing, Creative + Design, Operations and Administration teams for full-service fulfillment of DMC, event and consultation services with an emphasis on client goals and community development. Serves as key link between sales staff, clients, and industry contacts. Drives service and performance at all levels of operation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, APTITUDES AND PROPENSITIES
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on revenue potential.
- Desire to contribute significantly to growth of the business.
- Ensure that all company policies are followed and that company objectives, marketing goals, sales goals, and customer satisfaction survey scores are met.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong creative writing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Great strategic planning and thinking abilities.
- Knowledge of destination offerings, willingness to self-learn, desire to stay ahead of industry trends and market changes.
- Eagerness to research, collaborate and strategize with a team and individually.
- Strong desire to network and create industry connections for the department and the company.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in client relations, budget management, event design, contract management, and negotiation.
- Willingness and flexibility to work evenings and weekend hours as business needs dictate.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel to support sales efforts, team development and training. * Ability to drive to work and to event venues.
- Ability to work on feet 8-10 hours a day on-site as needed.
EQUIPMENT AND APPLICATIONS
- Computer, phone, copiers, smart phones, tablets and other standard office equipment
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office software, diagramming software and sales management software
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Travel reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Are there geographical areas you are familiar selling in?
- What diagramming or creative software are you familiar or fluent in?
- Event Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Employer reviewed job 26 days ago
Posted 27 days ago