CNC Applications Engineer – Swiss Manufacturing – MST HR Solutions – Windsor, CT
This role is located in Windsor, CT
Our client, Tsugami/Rem Sales, is a division of Morris Group, Inc. Morris is a privately held company that owns and operates fourteen divisions that supply high performance machine tools and related technology to manufacturers throughout North America. It is also the largest machine tool distribution company in the eastern half of the United States, and the exclusive source for Tsugami Precision CNC Lathes, Vertical Machining Centers, Horizontal Machining Centers and Multi-tasking machines in North America. The firm’s headquarters is in Windsor, Connecticut. Robert E. Morris, founder of The Robert E. Morris Company, established what is now Tsugami/Rem Sales in 1957.
In 1978, the company became the exclusive North American source for Precision Tsugami machine tools, and since then the division’s only mission has been to enhance and promote Tsugami CNC machine tools and innovative engineering solutions in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY:
As a CNC Applications Engineer, you will be responsible for meeting and exceeding customer needs in an industrial environment by using state-of-the-art instruments, advanced computer systems and knowledge of programming and engineering. The Applications Engineer will be technically inclined and will run and process parts on Tsugami machine tools. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Managing turnkey projects, demonstrations, and other customer related projects to ensure they are completed on time and within budget
- Conducting pre-sale activities and reviews including customer visits, evaluation of opportunities, machine assessment and recommendations, part processing recommendations and development of turnkey proposal
- Developing/ implementing custom demonstrations and training customers in the safe set up and operation of CNC machining centers, lathes, grinders, Swiss style lathes and/ or multi-tasking machines
- Exhibits ownership of customer related problems and coordination with sales and service departments when necessary for resolution of problems to ensure customer service satisfaction.
- Conducts training of customers in the safe set-up and operation of CNC machining centers, lathes, grinders, Swiss style lathes and/or multi-tasking machines.
- Making accurate cost estimates, writing engineering reports, and interpreting plans and specifications
- Develops and implements custom demonstrations at multiple distribution locations and vendor facilities.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrative of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar or a logical assignment to the position.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Experience in tool related engineering, manufacturing, and related technical application knowledge preferred.
- Possessing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of machine tool industry and product lines represented by the company
- Advanced working knowledge of CNC machine technology and applications with previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Fanuc based controls.
- Experience with CAD/CAM software, preferred but not required.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Solid project management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Able to think quickly, assess a situation and make a sound decision.
- Solid written and verbal communication, listening, organization and priority setting skills.
- Ability to design and deliver technical presentations clearly and concisely to non-technical persons, customers and the public.
- Understands and is aware of budgets and/or financial goals.
- Ability to perform job with integrity and values consistent with the Morris Group Values
Mental and physical requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be highly mobile, able to access all areas of the premises.
- Ability to concentrate and remain focused while handling multiple tasks, responsibilities and projects.
- Must be able to perform bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and lifting of moderate to heavy weight material up to 50 lbs.
- Is frequently required to use hands to finger and reach with hands and arms.
- Vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to keep his/her composure with the public and co-workers in everyday, stressful situations.
We offer competitive salary, bonus program, comprehensive benefits packages, and tuition reimbursement.
Morris Group, Inc., including all operating subsidiaries, is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
Posted 13 days ago