Customer Service Rep – Applied Industrial Technologies – Rochester, NY
Full Job Description
As a leading industrial distributor (and Fortune 1000 company), we realize we are only as strong as our dedicated team. Selling millions of industrial products to all types of customers takes a special team and that’s where you come in. We are hiring immediately for a full time customer service representative (CSR) to join our family.
We say “family” because Applied has been fortunate to keep associates for 20, 30, 40+ years. In fact, 25% of our U.S. team has 20 or more years of service with Applied! Those stats are a testament of how much we value our team, and how much they value Applied.
Why join us?
There is a reason we have been named a Best Workplace 20 times. For all that you bring to your work, you’ll receive the rewards and resources you need to feel fulfilled both professionally and personally. So, in addition to competitive pay and all the benefits you’d expect from an industry leader (401K, insurance, time off, etc.) we also provide:
- A LASTING CAREER – Career path for this role is moving up to a sales or management career.
- Professional development, training and tuition reimbursement.
- We have a track record for being a great employer. (Best Workplaces 20 times, Outstanding Employer Support award by the US Navy, 50 Best companies to sell for in the US – just to name a few)
What you’ll do:
This isn’t a typical call center role. Our guiding principle of taking care of the customer allows you to do far more than just field complaints. You will act as an inside sales partner and provide our customers with assistance to a wide variety of questions and problems and will build ongoing business relationships with our customers. You will also occasionally do some hands-on work that will require mechanical aptitude – (don’t worry, as long as you don’t feel overwhelmed at assembling furniture, that’s enough of an aptitude for us to teach you.)
- 6 months + of customer service, call center or inside sales experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license & clean driving record (MVR)
- There’s some hands-on work that requires mechanical aptitude, but as long as you don’t feel overwhelmed at assembling furniture, that’s enough of an aptitude for us to teach you
Apply now for our industrial customer service rep role and watch your ideas and input drive what’s next for our business.
When you join Applied, you bring all of yourself – your skills, ideas, work style, personality and passions – to our team and we are better for it. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posted 1 day ago