DESIGN SALES CONSULTANT – Dal-Tile Corporation – Stamford, CT
Dal-Tile Corporation Back to Listings
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
Dal-Tile is currently seeking an exceptional Design Sales Consultant to join our TEAM! As the Design Sales Consultant we need someone to provide interior design and product selection advice, product expertise, and thorough follow-up to facilitate customer experience and influence sales/purchasing decision. Uses the showroom as a selling tool to drive specifications and sales as well as brand awareness.
- Provides interior design and product selection advice, product expertise, and thorough follow up to facilitate customer experience and influence sales/purchasing decision. Uses the showroom as a selling tool to drive specifications and sales as well as brand awareness
Major Function and Scope:
- Provides interior design advice and product expertise, facilitates tile and stone selection, and project development/support ensuring the completion of selection/sales for all customers. Where applicable utilizing Auto-CAD Project Management.
- Logs all client showroom visits, contact information, and detailed customer preference and selection notes in CMT. Effectively communicates with customers and internal team members to follow lead and ensure tracking/follow up and sales closure. Reports sales closures monthly.
- Prospects for new business with an emphasis on Custom Builders and Residential Designers. Logs all customer showroom visits/appointments, contact information, and detailed customer preference and selection notes, in CMT.
- Maintains showroom samples and merchandising including ordering, receiving, and maintaining samples and displays. Ships customer samples as needed to drive sales. Maintains contact with suppliers/locally sourced vendors, to keep current on design and product offerings and complies with Marketing’s standards for proper merchandising of showroom, including new product launches and drops.
- Plans and hosts showroom tours and small and large events for industry trade to drive customer sales. Attends outside trade events to develop industry relationships and build brand awareness.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Four year degree in related field, or four years related experience or combination of a two year degree with two years of related experience.
- Sales/Customer engagement/Customer service
- Design/sketching/reading blueprints/Auto-CAD a plus/color coordination/interior design trends/customer buying habits/creative thinking. Ability to approach unfamiliar situations and conceptualize a range of creative and imaginative solutions with ease, using creative skills to document and sell them to client.
- Computer skills – MSOffice, MSWord, Excel and Power Point – Customer management tools a plus.
- Excellent oral, written, listening, and interpersonal communication skills necessary to effectively interact with customers, team members, management, and other internal and external customers to build positive interpersonal relationships with various business partners.
Other Pertinent Job Information:
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate may be required to sometimes sit, climb or balance. The associate may lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures. The noise level is usually loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Examples include: Company Match on 401k, Employee Purchase Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families – Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
ReqID : 58205
Business Unit : Dal-Tile
Department : SALES
Job Type : Sales Jobs
Posted 18 days ago