Experienced Insurance Agent – New York Life – West Texas General Office – Amarillo, TX
$80,000 – $150,000 a year
Full Job Description
At New York Life, you’re in control of your career journey. You can grow your practice with the backing of a Fortune 100 company that is a leader in the financial services industry. New York Life is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States and holds the highest financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer in the United States. We proudly have more MDRT members than any other company and know what it takes to help you be successful.
What we offer:
Wide range of products to address clients’ needs.
With New York Life, you can offer diverse products and services to help meet your clients’ protection and financial needs. These products include life insurance, annuities, long-term care insurance, and investment products offered through our broker-dealer arm NYLIFE Securities LLC (member FINRA and SIPC), a Licensed Insurance Agency, and workplace solutions offered by our Business Solutions division. You can also use our sponsored marketing agreements to offer non-proprietary products to your clients, such as group health insurance. Enhance your wealth planning practice by becoming a Financial
An advisor with our investment advisory affiliate Eagle Strategies LLC, a Registered Investment Advisor. As a New York Life Agent, you will also have access to the company’s Advanced Planning Group for large and complex case design and support for your clients.
Flexibility to operate your practice.
With the flexibility to work in one of our 120 offices nationally or work in a detached location, New York Life provides a strong foundation for your success. Additionally, you can choose whether to market under the New York Life brand or your name with a DBA. You have the flexibility at New York Life to do what’s right for your practice.
Support and development opportunities to grow your practice. New York Life will invest in you and your business from the start, with a product and developmental support team dedicated to your success that will never compete with you for sales. Leverage New York Life’s industry-leading learning platform for continuing education and specialization. Through our Practice Management Model, we provide the opportunity to specialize and hone market expertise in areas such as wealth management, estate planning, and business solutions. Beyond formal continuing education opportunities and subsidies for obtaining industry professional designations, New York Life offers strong peer-to-peer support options, including study groups and mentorship opportunities. You’ll also get rewarded and acknowledged with our sales incentives and professional development trips for top-performing agents.
How we will compensate you.
You have the power to drive your own income with our commission-based compensation. The average income of our more than 12,000 financial professionals who sold at least one life insurance policy in 2020 was $91,351. The average income of nearly 6,000 of our Registered Reps who sold at least one life insurance policy in 2020 was $134,369. 7
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, a 401(k), and a pension. 8
Based on 2020 Company data. Actual income and compensation are not guaranteed and depend on a number of factors, including the individual sales results and contract type of each agent. The historical income figures shown above do not take into account authorized expenses that can reduce the compensation payments an agent receives.
Certain eligibility requirements apply. Monthly payments are determined by your earnings, years of service, age, and the form of payment you choose.
The company reserves the right to amend or terminate the plan at any time for any reason.
New York Life Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/General Identity
$80,000 – $150,000 at Plan yearly
- New York Life and its affiliates are dedicated to prudent financial management, high-quality products, and impeccable service
- Our financial professionals help clients develop a long-term financial strategy to achieve their financial goals using an array of financial products and services, including life insurance, investments, annuities, and mutual funds
As a financial professional with New York Life, you will be able to help those in your community plan for their financial futures. We’re looking for people who possess the following characteristics:
- Highly self-motivated and self-disciplined with the ability to work effectively and independently
- Outgoing personality with the ability to develop relationships (i.e., “People Person”) and a sincere desire to help others
- Fearless, positive attitude and willingness to be accountable for results
- Organized, detail-oriented, and excellent time-management skills
- The desire for continuous learning
- Good communicator—excellent listening skills and ability to explain complex information in a simple and concise manner
As a mutual company, with no investors or outside owners, New York Life is uniquely aligned with clients’ interests and priorities. The organization as a whole has had over 175 years of industry success.
Some of our accolades include:
- A promise to work with you to build a strong financial future for both you and each client
- #71 on Fortune 100 in 2019
- Most MDRT members in any United States Mutual company 2019
- Highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer: Standard & Poor’s (AA+); A.M. Best (A++); Moody’s (Aaa); and Fitch (AAA) as of 7/30/18
Posted 3 days ago