Field Applications Engineer – Zurn Water Solutions – Milwaukee, WI
Zurn Water Solutions Back to Listings
Full Job Description
Zurn Water Solutions is the unrivaled leader in water solutions for health, human safety, and the environment. With our ecosystem of products and systems that are at the core of sustainability we deliver solutions that protect human health, conserve resources, and optimize our customers results. Water sustains everything. At Zurn we are Sustainably Inspired!
We offer the largest breadth of engineered water solutions and sustainable plumbing products, while delivering total building solutions for new construction and retrofit applications. Zurn designs, procures, manufactures, and markets products that provide and enhance Water Safety & Control, Flow Systems, and Hygienic & Environmental solutions. Every day approximately 1,200 associates across the globe work to deliver sustainable solutions to our customers and create long-term value for our shareholders. Visit us at ZurnWaterSolutions.com to learn more about how we can be Sustainably Inspired together!
The Field Applications Engineer (FAE) is a new role within Zurn’s connected organization and will require a mix of technical and customer-facing skills. The primary responsibilities of the FAE are two-fold:
- Technical support of various customers for hardware, software, and portal-related troubleshooting/debugging for connected products and solutions for advanced commercial and industrial water management.
- Act as the technical point-of-contact in the Connected Customer Success team for pre-sale and post-sale customer and sales team questions, issues, and training.
- Field support of connected installations at customer sites, including
- Verification of physical installation
- Commissioning/configuration of connected products
- Initial customer training and onboarding
- When necessary, end-to-end troubleshooting/debugging of customer installations with the support from the core connected engineering team and appropriate business units
- Pre-sale customer site assessments and surveys to determine suitability of site, potential gateway locations, potential infrastructure issues, etc.
- Supports mass market deployment and launch of connected products and solutions while advocating human centered UI/UX environment and customer demos of our web portal features
- Coordinates additional activities and post-sales technical support with engineering departments
- Assist connected engineering team with deploying prototypes at beta installations
- Performs troubleshooting related to application engineering, prototyping, deployment, and operations of IoT and connected products
- 3 – 5 years of field applications or customer support role for embedded hardware/software including experience with wireless technologies (e.g., WiFi, BLE, LoRa etc.)
- Experience with system functional testing and verification methods and firmware release management real-time control of hardware sensors and actuators, microcontroller peripherals [I2C, UART, JTAG, SPI and ADCs]
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical/Electronic, Computer Science Engineering or any technical degree with 3+ years of field application and troubleshooting experience
- Willingness to do hands-on work with commercial plumbing installations
- Prior experience with commercial construction industries preferred
- Customer facing experience and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills, capable of working within a team structure
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, excellent communication and presentation skills
- Will require travel to customers around 50%
Capabilities and Success Factors
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Action-Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Persuades – Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
Total Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life Insurance
- Matching 401(k) Contribution
- Health Savings Account
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
At Zurn, we have a longstanding commitment to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion so that all associates feel welcome and valued.
Posted 6 days ago