Field Sales Engineer – Advantech USA – Milpitas, CA
Job Title: Field Sales Engineer IEM (Industrial Equipment Manufacturer) Vertical
Location(s): Northern California
- Generate sales growth within assigned territory, primarily Northern California to meet or exceed quota. Expand customer base by locating and developing new Direct Customers as well as servicing and growing existing Key Direct accounts already in the territory.
Meet or exceed quota within assigned territory and vertical market (IEM)
- Develop industrial automation direct accounts including OEM/ODM, System Integrator and VAR customers.
- Create business plans to maximize sales opportunities within assigned key accounts and new potential accounts all within the IEM vertical market.
- Create proposals and presentations in response to customer RFQ’s and opportunities.
- Coordinate and maintain relationships at Key Accounts with multiple location sites.
- Travel as required to customer locations (20 – 30%)
- Submit timely reports as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 3+ years of sales and account management experience in the following fields:
- Industrial/Embedded PC and PC Control
- Machine and/or Robotics Automation for Industrial and other OEM’s
- Machine and/or Robotics Automation for Industrial OEM’s
- Strong Industrial PC knowledge including I/O, HMI and PC control/monitoring applications.
- Market knowledge with Machine Builders and Industrial IoT (Internet-of-Things)
- Strong sales and Presentation skills are required.
- Must be a result-oriented, high energy sales driven professional.
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to new systems, processes, plans, and programs
- Proven ability to manage and develop large accounts with support of sales management and product teams.
- Efficient time management and strong organizational skills
- Strong technical skill is preferred.
- Competitive salary dependent on experience (DOE)
- Winning culture with a friendly, team-oriented environment!
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) with company match
- Education & personal development reimbursement program
- Generous vacation and paid holidays package
- Company events, lunches, and trips
- Work from home program
- Referral Bonus
- Snacks & drinks in-office
Founded in 1983, Advantech is a leader in providing trusted innovative embedded and automation products and solutions. Advantech offers comprehensive system integration, hardware, software, customer-centric design services, and global logistics support; all backed by industry-leading front and back office e-business solutions. Advantech has always been an innovator in the development and manufacture of high-quality, high-performance computing platforms.
We cooperate closely with our partners to help provide complete solutions for a wide array of applications across a diverse range of industries. To realize our corporate vision of Enabling an Intelligent Planet, Advantech will continue collaborating and partnering for Smart city & IoT Solutions.
Advantech is an authorized alliance partner of both Intel® and Microsoft®. Our customers will find the technologies we use inside our products to be widely compatible with other products in the global marketplace. In 2018 and 2019, Interbrand, the world renowned brand consulting firm, once again recognized Advantech efforts to build a trusted, global brand; it also symbolizes a promise we gave to our business partners, which was to do our best to keep building a trustworthy brand that is recognized everywhere in the world. Advantech was selected as Interbrand’s #5 best Taiwan Global Brand in 2018.
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations (ITAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8. U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. More information can be found at https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html
Advantech is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We accept applications directly from candidates only and will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees absent a formal agreement.
Posted 3 days ago