Financial Advisor / Registered Representative / Agent – New York Life – Rochester, NY
New York Life Back to Listings
Full Job Description
We’re looking for experienced financial professionals to join our team.
At New York Life, you’re in control of your career journey. You can grow your practice with the backing of a Fortune 100 company that is a leader in the financial services industry. New York Life is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States1 and holds the highest financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer in the United States2. We proudly have more MDRT members than any other company and know what it takes to help you be successful3.
What we offer
Wide ranges of products to address clients’ needs
With New York Life, you can offer diverse products and services to help meet your clients’ protection and financial needs. These products include: life insurance, annuities, long term care insurance and investment products offered through our broker-dealer arm NYLIFE Securities LLC (member FINRA and SIPC), a Licensed Insurance Agency, and workplace solutions offered by our Business Solutions division. You can also use our sponsored marketing agreements to offer non-proprietary products to your clients, such as group health insurance. Enhance your wealth planning practice by becoming a Financial Advisor with our investment advisory affiliate Eagle Strategies LLC, a Registered Investment Advisor. As a New York Life Agent, you will also have access to the company’s Advanced Planning Group for large and complex case design and support for your clients.
Flexibility to operate your practice
With the flexibility to work in one of our 120 offices nationally or work in a detached location, New York Life provides a strong foundation for your success. Additionally, you can choose whether to market under the New York Life brand or your own business name with a DBA. You have the flexibility at New York Life to do what’s right for your practice.
Support and development opportunities to grow your practice
New York Life will invest in you and your business from the start, with a product and developmental support team dedicated to your success that will never compete with you for sales. Leverage New York Life’s industry-leading learning platform for continuing education and specialization. Through our Practice Management Model, we provide the opportunity to specialize and hone market expertise in areas such as wealth management4, estate planning and business solutions. Beyond formal continuing education opportunities and subsidies for obtaining industry professional designations, New York Life offers strong peer-to-peer support options, including study groups and mentorship opportunities. You’ll also get rewarded and acknowledged with our sales incentives and professional development trips for top performing agents.
How we will compensate you
You have the power to drive your own income with our commission-based compensation. The average income of our more than 12,000 financial professionals who sold at least one life insurance policy in
2020 was $91,351. The average income of nearly 6,000 of our Registered Reps who solid at least one life insurance policy in 2020 was $134,369.
5 Benefits include medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) and pension6.
About New York Life
As a mutual company, New York is accountable only to our policyholders. That means we are fully aligned with the interest of our clients, not with outside investors or Wall Street. Our focus is on delivering value to our clients. We have been in business for over 175 years, helping generations of Americans protect their families and attain their financial goals. Every year since 1854, we’ve paid dividends to eligible policyholders7. To prepare for the future, we are constantly innovating and looking ahead to find more ways to increase value for our clients.
Awards & Accolades
We’re proud of our financial strength2
- A++ Superior (A.M. Best)
- AAA Exceptionally Strong (Fitch)
- Aaa Exceptional (Moody’s)
- AA+ Very Strong (Standard & Poor’s)
We’re proud of our position in the industry8
- Training Magazine 2021: Top Companies for Learning and Development
- Fortune Magazine 2020: World’s Most Admired Companies
- JD Power Award 2020: #1 in Best Annuity Provider category and #6 in Best Life Insurer rankings
We’re proud to be recognized by organizations that also value diversity
- 2021 Forbes Best Employers for Diversity: New York Life ranks #82 out of the 500 companies recognized
- LATINA Style 2019: Company of the Year
- Forbes 2019: America’s Best Employers for Diversity
- Diversity Inc 2018: Top 50 Companies for Diversity
We’re proud of the help we’ve provided and continue to provide our clients9
- 5,500,000+ lives Protected (includes all owners of individual life insurance and annuity policies)
- $5,200,000,000+ in living benefits awarded (includes life and annuity cash value accumulation and qualifying policy dividends paid)
- $910,000,000+ lifetime annuity paid (includes all payouts on individual income annuity products)
- Over 29,000 professionals hired (includes company employees along with contracted financial professionals)
New York Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
1. Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500 ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune magazine, 5/18/20. For methodology, please see http://fortune.com/fortune500/.
2. Individual Third-Party Rating Reports for financial strength: A.M. Best A++ (7/22/20), Fitch Ratings AAA (as of 12/10/20), Moody’s Aaa (as of 1/6/21), and Standard & Poor’s AA+ (as of 10/14/20).
3. New York Life agents have led the Million Dollar Round Table for 66 consecutive years in a row. 2,581 of 65,500 MDRT members worldwide are New York Life professionals. Source: MDRT, July 2020
4. Wealth Management and advisory services offered by Financial Advisors of Eagle Strategies LLC, a Registered Investment Adviser and a New York Life company.
5. As reflected by company data. Historical company data is provided for informational purposes only. Agent income is not guaranteed. Income is dependent upon the sales of each agent.
6. New York Life reserves the right to amend or terminate any benefit plans, in whole or in part, at any time.
7. Dividends are not guaranteed.
8. Full list of our awards is available here: https://www.newyorklife.com/newsroom/our-awards-and-recognition
9. All figures on this page reflect the consolidated results of New York Life Insurance Company (NYLIC) and its domestic insurance subsidiaries including New York Life Insurance and Annuity Corporation (NYLIAC) for the 12 months ending December 31, 2020.
SMRU 1900837 Exp. 09.01.2021
Posted 7 days ago