Genomics Sales Specialist (Midwest) – Qiagen – Midwest, WY
Qiagen Back to Listings
At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees – more than 5000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people’s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
Genomics Sales Specialist – CSM position is focused on engaging large life science accounts at the decision maker level or above. While we strive to always sell complete workflows at QIAGEN, this position will focus on our NGS, Services, and dPCR portfolios.
– Responsible for development of large account strategies, coordinating interactions of local sales team and other support specialists, as well as conducting & implementing strategic plans.-
- Sales Revenues / Budgets: Meet or exceed sales targets of the company Life Science products by growing consumables and instrumentation product lines with an emphasis on assay revenue.
- Strategy: Must be able to assess local ecosystem and competitive landscape in order to develop strategies and tactical plans to maximize strategies.
- Planning / Forecasting: Responsible for working with local sales team to monitor annual sales targets, key performance indicators and deliver accurate forecasts.
- Business / Markets: Initiate and develop new business opportunities within market space and increase the number of strategic partnerships.
- Managing Individuals / Team: Individual contributor but able to lead and motivate without a position of authority while being able to manage relationships and team dynamics.
- Communication: Experienced at navigating company and customer communication channels to ensure effective communication across local sales team & customer business units. Maintain and develop relationships with key customers.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science or equivalent, Graduate Degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of directly related sales preferred with proven track record in Life Science Industry.
- 2 or more year’s experience in managing Genomics core facility and/or technical experience in Next Generation Sequencing.
- Territory: IL, IN, MI, OH, KY (ideally based in Chicago, IL or Anne Arbor, MI).
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills.
- Proven successful leadership, team management and budget experience.
- Knowledge of relevant markets, molecular biology topics and products.
- Presentation skills.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Travel up to 50-70%
QIAGEN requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for new hires in all U.S. states other than Montana effective as of September 1, 2021. New hires and candidates will be required to present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination within three business days of start date or upon entry into the office (i.e., for interviews), whichever comes first. QIAGEN complies with applicable laws regarding the confidentiality of employee health information and the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Candidates who require accommodation should contact [email protected] This policy is part of QIAGEN’s ongoing efforts to support public health efforts and to ensure the safety and-well-being of its employees, customers, business partners, and community.
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including but not limited to assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Job Reference: US/CA01019
Posted 12 days ago