Global Industry Process Analytical Technology Consultant – Life Science – Rockwell Automation – Milwaukee, WI
Full Job Description
Objective of position
Reporting to the Vice President, Global Industry the Global Industry Consultant is responsible for providing Rockwell Automation, and our customers, with Life Science Process Analytical Technology domain expertise driving growth through disciplined sales and BU collaboration, market intelligence, and qualified sales leads with optimized products and solutions
Industry Development, Intelligence and Presence
- Align activities and strategic planning with Global Industry VP and Industry/Marketing Teams
- Participate in development of the Business Strategic Review
- Provide leadership and organizational support of the Life Sciences Industry
- Represent company in Industry events
- Assist in determination & assessment of partnering opportunities. Document and track progress
- Provide thought leadership and identify gaps through industry forums
- Represent industry through support/collaboration in building RA’s technical library
Global Sales collaboration
- Establish and maintain an internal network of technical resources to ensure best practices and competency is leveraged globally.
- Provide metrics and reporting for sales effectiveness and accountability
- Assist in Strategic Account Technical Management / Development
- Provide pre-sales consultations to key accounts where required.
- Coaching on key account opportunities and future growth strategy
- Maintain a conduit for communication on global customer opportunities
- Assist in the development of common Sales tools for the Industry segment
Industry Domain Expertise
- Market / Application Expertise in Process Analytical Technology
- Develop and train Industry Team Semi-annually on Industry Trends and Best Practices
- Key Customer Relationship Development
- Engage Industry Standards Committees
- Engage appropriate domain expertise in priority Strategic Account opportunities
- Provide expertise to OEM segments to better support Industry initiatives
Solution & Product portfolio Prioritization
Capture, Document and Track Product Gaps Provide critical gap coordination with other Industry teams to increase momentum Communicate Gaps to BU’s Develop Regular Cadence of Key BU Engagement Drive Response from BU’s for ALL Product requests Develop Business Cases for Solution Development as Required Engage in Key Product Launches / Assist in Roll out plan to Industry & OEM teams
- Ensure thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental), and functional policies published on the Rockwell Automation Information Network.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant experience in Sales
- 30% Travel (Domestic & International)
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- 8 years in an industry related role, global customer/Life Science services provider.
- Extensive experience working on global teams of people.
- This position requires a 4-year degree, preferably a BS in engineering, or BS/BA in business or marketing with technical experience in the life science field. An MBA or advanced degree in business management is desirable.
- Ideally, this person will have significant sales and business development experience in the assigned industries and/or the associated OEM segments, with a successful track record
- Depth of knowledge of the assigned industries, regulatory practice experience, and optimally has significant experience selling into this vertical. International experience is necessary
- Successful sales management experience within world-class sales organizations in the automation business
- Demonstrated ability to forge relationships, build and inspire trust with all levels
- Must be capable of matrix leadership and have credibility and confidence within the sales organization with strong peer leadership.
- Ability to influence and operate within a matrix organization. Self-confident with a high energy level, proactive management style, and strong conceptual skills. Can quickly earn the respect of Rockwell Automation management. Has sense of urgency, drive and personal motivation, yet has an adaptable/flexible style.
- Project Management: Managing projects proficiently, efficiently, and with full accountability for project results.
- Customer/Partner Focus: Comprehending the needs and requirements of customers or business partners in order to bring strategic value to them.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7247.
Posted 30+ days ago