HERO Shift Lead (Military and Veterans) – WALGREENS – Crestview, FL
Full Job Description
The Walgreens HERO Program keeps our nation’s heroes in mind – with an opportunity for veterans to transition their leadership experience into the civilian world. Through this program, participants start on a path to store management, while pursuing a bachelor’s degree through Southern New Hampshire University (or other schools), all to help you achieve your long-term career goals. Through this program, you’ll receive the support from senior leadership, as well as on-the-job mentorship, guiding you through our award-winning LEAP Program. LEAP fully prepares you to Lead, Engage, Advance, and Perform as a Walgreens Assistant Store Manager.
- At least 6 months military experience
Opens and closes the store in the absence of store management, including all required systems start-ups, required cash handling, and ensuring the floor and stock room are ready for the business day. Responsible for opening back door of store for deliveries.
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.).
- Responsible for holding store keys to open and close without management as necessary.
- Assists with and coaches other team members to work with warehouse and vendor ordering process as the orders are created, reviewed, and received, including opening the backdoor for vendor deliveries.
- Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales on assigned cash register, including records of scanning errors, price verifications, items not on file, price modifications, and voids.
- Assists manager or assistant store manager in reviewing order exceptions on order release day and assists in reverse logistics (e.g., 1506, returns, empty package).
- Assists manager or assistant store manager in evaluating and developing displays, including promotional, seasonal, super structures, and sale merchandise. Completes resets and revisions.
- Maintains accurate inventory counts; maintains the accuracy of on-hand quantities including, but not limited to, basic departments, stockroom, and overstock locations.
- Assist with ensuring the Outdate program is followed with team members.
- Responsible for basic department pricing and making daily price changes; ensures proper signage is displayed at the store to support accurate pricing of products. Ensures any additional pricing tasks related to local regulations and/or regulatory compliance programs are completed accurately and within the required time frame.
- Assist with bookkeeping activities, including cash report, cash counts, ledgers, and bill payment as necessary or as requested.
- Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring clean, neat, orderly store condition and appearance, including requesting store or system repairs as required in manager absence, or as requested by manager.
- Assists with separation of food items (e.g., raw foods from pre-cooked) and product placement as specified by policies/procedures (e.g., raw and frozen meats on bottom shelves). For consumable items, assists in stock rotation, using the first in, first out method and restock outs.
- Has working knowledge of store systems and store equipment.
- Assist at Pharmacy out window as requested.
- Ensures compliance with state and local laws regarding regulated products (e.g., alcoholic beverages and tobacco products).
- Responsible for bag checks of team members before leaving the store.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
Training & Personal Development
- Attends training and completes PPLs requested by Manager.
- Obtains and maintains valid PTCB certification or pharmacy license as required by state.
- Serves as a liaison between management and non-management team members by communicating assigned tasks to team members when store management is not present.
- Reports disciplinary issues and customer complaints to management.
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and Beauty Company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true Omni channel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- At least one year of leadership experience in the Military with a rank of E4-E6 (Army/Navy/Air Force/Coast Guard); E3-E6 (Marine Corp).
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English. (Except in Puerto Rico)
- Willingness to work flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours.
- Prefer the knowledge of store inventory control.
The following information is applicable for San Francisco, CA applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
The following information is applicable to Colorado only, in accordance with the Colorado Pay Equity Act. In Colorado, an employee in this position can expect a salary/hourly rate between $14.25 and $19.00 depending on experience, seniority, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. To review the available benefits, please click here: jobs.walgreens.com/benefits .Walgreens will provide applicants in other states with information related to the positions, to the extent required by state or local law, by calling
Posted 9 days ago