Inside Sales Engineer – Advantech USA – Milpitas, CA
Advantech USA Back to Listings
Job Title: Inside Sales Engineer
Location(s): Cincinnati, OH (Primary); Milpitas, CA or Chicago, IL (Secondary)
About this position
Advantech www.Advantech.com has an immediate opening for an Inside Sales Engineer (ISE). We will provide you the tools, and training; in exchange, what we’re asking for you to bring is an optimistic attitude, creativity, and commitment to learning and placing your full attention and skills to the challenge of generating radical new growth through account development and sales leveraging Advantech’s industry proven product and services.
The ideal sales candidate must be a self-starter, highly motivated, great communicator, team player who is interested in technology and today’s computing trends.
Develops leads and opportunities; opens new accounts including territory expansion; achieves quota assignment and key performance indicators (KPIs); maintains customer relationships and enlarges retention base; and provides all aspects of sales services to Advantech customers as a member of our dedicated Inside Sales team.
The ISE will be responsible, but not limited to the following:
- Achieves sales quota and sales assignments within assigned territory/market.
- Identifies, follows up and develops leads and opportunities within assigned territory /market.
- Collaborates with Field Sales accordingly to develop large potential accounts.
- Responds and follows up on inquiries in timely fashion and assist customers with product selection.
- Reviews system quotes and orders for accuracy, prior to release for order processing.
- Maintains a reasonable level of working knowledge of responsible products and application.
- Becomes proficient with internal software tools used in quoting and customer tracking.
- Recommends enhancements to products based on market feedback.
- Coordinates with Marketing Department on related marketing campaigns or activities.
- Completes special assignments or tasks as assigned from management.
- Two year college technical degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three years of relative experience with technical industrial sales.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM.
- Strong comprehension of Microsoft Windows based PC technology.
- Degree or completion of trade school.
- Telemarketing experience.
- Knowledge of all aspects of PC components and functionality.
- Competitive salary dependent on experience (DOE)
- Winning culture with a friendly, team-oriented environment!
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) with company match
- Education & personal development reimbursement program
- Generous vacation and paid holidays package
- Company events, lunches, and trips
- Work from home program
- Referral Bonus
- Snacks & drinks in-office
Founded in 1983, Advantech is a leader in providing trusted innovative embedded and automation products and solutions. Advantech offers comprehensive system integration, hardware, software, customer-centric design services, and global logistics support; all backed by industry-leading front and back office e-business solutions. Advantech has always been an innovator in the development and manufacture of high-quality, high-performance computing platforms.
We cooperate closely with our partners to help provide complete solutions for a wide array of applications across a diverse range of industries. To realize our corporate vision of Enabling an Intelligent Planet, Advantech will continue collaborating and partnering for Smart city & IoT Solutions.
Advantech is an authorized alliance partner of both Intel® and Microsoft®. Our customers will find the technologies we use inside our products to be widely compatible with other products in the global marketplace. In 2018 and 2019, Interbrand, the world renowned brand consulting firm, once again recognized Advantech efforts to build a trusted, global brand; it also symbolizes a promise we gave to our business partners, which was to do our best to keep building a trustworthy brand that is recognized everywhere in the world. Advantech was selected as Interbrand’s #5 best Taiwan Global Brand in 2018.
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations (ITAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8. U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. More information can be found at https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html
Advantech is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We accept applications directly from candidates only and will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees absent a formal agreement.
Posted 30+ days ago