IT Business Relationship Manager (BRM) – ERP – Sub-Zero Group, Inc. – Madison, WI
Full Job Description
The IT Business Relationship Manager (BRM) – ERP, serves as a “trusted advisor,” and functions as the primary point of contact from IT for business stakeholders. This individual will build strong, collaborative relationships with business teams to develop technology solutions and roadmaps to effectively support IT-business strategy. They represent IT to the assigned area of responsibility by promoting IT’s vision, value, services, and capabilities. They also serve as advocates for business stakeholders to ensure IT services meet the business priorities and needs.
The BRM will collaborate across respective business teams to identify, scope and oversee the execution of expanded/enhanced capabilities. They will manage information critical to business needs including translation of business needs into technical requirements, reviewing enhancements, projects, and solutions and being the focal point for all technical-related activities (including project oversight, consultation, and vendor coordination).
Individuals in this role must be able to communicate clearly, negotiate, listen, mitigate conflict, build alliances, and achieve desired results using strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills. They work closely with others to resolve issues that may span business teams. Their knowledge of technology risks and opportunities should be used to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the assigned business areas.
- Serve as internal voice of the customer as needed by articulating business needs; validate functional and non-functional requirements are met by any proposed solutions as well as confirming alignment to technology roadmaps
- Leads prioritization of IT initiatives within respective business area based on organization(s) needs/strategy, IT workload and budget
- Partner with key stakeholders to create and process IT initiative proposals or business cases, portfolio/project management including scope definition, ROI, risks & mitigations, major components of work, staffing requirements, and financial needs
- Maintain relationships with business stakeholders and is the single point of IT contact for the responsible end-to-end process(es)
- Manages stakeholders’ perceptions with all IT services and ensures the oversight for resolution of escalated IT issues
- Ensures IT domains are aware of key business issues
- Drives and challenges the business area on their current processes and assumptions to define the best solutions for the business, IT and customer
- Ensures IT solutions support the organization’s short-term and long-term business goals/strategy and align with IT strategy
- – 3+ years of experience in ERP focus on Supply Chain (SAP preferred)
- – Minimum four (4) years’ experience internal/external IT experience with a focus on customer service and/or business relationship management
- – Experience working with Consumer Product Goods and manufacturing is desired.
- – Working knowledge of related portfolio/project management software applications (Service Now preferred)
- – Comfortable juggling multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- – Requires leadership and negotiation skills and experience/in-depth knowledge of the business, business requirements analysis and IT process
- – Experience successfully leading large, complex projects and/or in business, IT consulting, management roles
- Bachelors or better in Information Technology or related field
Posted 30+ days ago