Keyholder – THE PAPER STORE – Canton, CT
Full Job Description
The Paper Store is committed to being the premiere destination for all of our customer’s gift-giving needs. Our mission is to share our passion for The Paper Store with each customer, during each visit, by going above and beyond their expectations for both selection and service. Key Holders are responsible for delivering world class service, achieving sales goals and maintaining merchandising standards in a fun and fast paced retail environment. Key Holders report directly to the Store Team Leader and other members of management.
Key Holders are responsible for providing customers with a unique shopping experience by utilizing the G.U.E.S.T. service approach. Key Holders are responsible for all Sales Associate responsibilities. Responsibilities also include providing the team with continuous coaching to improve sales and service, processing customer returns and exchanges, supervising the sales floor, and performing store opening/closing procedures.
- Act as a TPS Champion by modeling the G.U.E.S.T. service approach, and consistently delivering World Class Service
- Greet and welcome every customer warmly and with enthusiasm
- Understand customer needs by asking open-ended questions
- Explain product features and benefits in relation to the customers’ needs by providing in-depth product knowledge
- Suggest additional items to build onto sales by utilizing effective selling techniques
- Thank the customer sincerely and invite them to return and shop with us again
- Be a TPS Brand Ambassador
- Build customer loyalty by being friendly, attentive and respectful of customers
- Inspire and motivate the team daily by delivering positive feedback and utilizing TPS recognition programs
- Contribute to a positive work environment by modeling ethical behavior, fostering open communication, and maintaining confidential information as required
- Professional presentation in attire, demeanor, appearance and compliance to company dress code
- Support all sales efforts and initiatives across all business channels in an effort to maximize company sales
- Consistently capture accurate and valid customer information at the POS
- Maintain awareness of all current promotions and process them correctly at the Point of Sale
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions with sound judgement, and in the best interest of the TPS customer, store team, and business
- Continually train and coach associates on GUEST service behaviors and assigned tasks
- Demonstrate desire to participate in training and development utilizing all training resources available
- Prepare incoming product for the sales floor by following instruction and guidance from supervisors
- Merchandise product following company visual guidelines and visual standards
- Demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of computers, systems and programs relevant to the position
- Uphold store maintenance and cleanliness standards
- Perform management functions as expected. This includes, but is not limited to: opening and closing of the store, management functions on point of sale, supervising the sales floor, coordinating breaks etc.
- Assist with all other related tasks as directed within assigned time frame
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Previous experience and leadership work in specialty retail is preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Demonstrate an ability to multi task while being attentive to customers
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office and POS Systems
- Ability to work well and be a leader in a team environment
- Ability to be mobile on a sales floor for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items up to 50 lbs., while utilizing appropriate safety techniques
The Paper Store is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, local or federal law.
Keyholder position. Part-time. Flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Posted 30+ days ago