Lead Solution Engineer – Salesforce – West Virginia
Salesforce Back to Listings
Full Job Description
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We believe that businesses today have more questions that need data-driven answers than they have data scientists to answer them. What if you were empowered to solve these sophisticated business problems for Fortune 500 companies? What if you had the World’s #1 CRM with the intelligence of Einstein to achieve that goal? What if you could work for a company that believes that equality and giving back to the community are as meaningful as innovation and growth? What if you could turn everyday business analysts into #CitizenDataScientists and Trailblazers that transform their businesses? All this in the Worlds #1 Best Place to Work…sounds like fiction, you say? It’s not! Here at Salesforce, we call it #DreamJob!
The Analytics Solution Engineer believes in the power of AI and Analytics to transform businesses in the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Grounded in a proven foundation of Business Intelligence, the Analytics Solution Engineer layers on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to drive needle-moving impact for our customers across Sales, Service, Marketing, and the full Salesforce solutions. Working in coordination with the core Salesforce sales team, the Analytics Solution Engineer leads the technical sales cycle for Analytics and AI, from vision co-creation through storytelling demonstrations to deep-dive workshops, showing the customer the “how” in addition to telling them the “what”. We are seeking hardworking individuals who thrive in the full spectrum from packaged, to custom, to programmatic Analytics solutions. This role will work closely with Analytics Account Executives on new and existing accounts. Ideal candidates have previous experience working with business intelligence, AI, analytics, reporting and data integration applications in a customer-facing role.
- Understand and uncover business challenges and issues faced by the customer and be able to lead a targeted discovery session or workshop
- Engage with business users to define, build and implement solution prototypes and pilots, and then run those pilots from inception to completion
- Build and present customized demos
- Present Salesforce technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with software, networking and security stack
- The ability to confidently present and articulate the business value of the Salesforce’s cloud-based application suite and Salesforce Einstein Analytics platform to managers and executives of all levels
- Deliver product, technical, and security related responses on RFPs/RFIs
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge needed to be effective in the position
- Work as a team player by contributing, learning and sharing new knowledge
- Be conversant in integration and data migration approaches to facilitate enterprise-type sales cycles
- Multiply your efficiency by enabling adjacent teams to position Analytics Cloud and Smart Data Discovery
- Drive new technologies such as AI, and all related Einstein technologies
- Handle multiple customer engagements concurrently
- Attain quarterly and annual objectives assigned by management
- Willingness and flexibility to travel as needed
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience in technical pre-sales or consulting
- Thorough understanding of fundamentals of BI
- Familiarity with BI tools (OBIEE, Cognos, MicroStrategy, Tableau, Domo, Birst etc)
- Familiarity with Salesforce’s technical architecture – APIs, Custom Objects, APEX
- Hands-on experience with JSON, shell scripting, Python or Java
- Hands on experience in analyzing data, identifying trends and building visualizations
- Experience with AI technologies a strong plus
- Experience with data modeling, logical star schema design and data warehouse concepts
- Experience with ETL tools (Informatica, Data Integrator, Data Transformation Services, etc.) a strong plus
- Experience with latest trends in Hadoop, Apache Pig a strong plus
- Solid verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world’s #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas—a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes World’s Most Innovative Company five years in a row and one of Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for “family”) made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Posted 25 days ago