Merchandiser – Eagle Rock Distributing Company – Calhoun, GA
Eagle Rock Distributing Company Back to Listings
To contribute to Eagle Rock area sales objectives by merchandising, servicing, developing your accounts and successfully completing your other related duties.
- Maintain and increase shelf facings for all products according to Company standards
- Clean shelving, rotate products and price all packages as necessary
- Display all your products by brand. Utilize Point-of-Sale materials (i.e. shelf talkers, posters, carton stuffers, bottle collars, etc.) to stimulate sales
- Build, merchandise and maintain all secondary and promotional displays (i.e., remove cartons from shell, cut cases, display Point-of –Sales, post prices, etc.)
- Merchandise and stock all coolers if needed to effectively sell the product
- Call on each account as scheduled. (Notify Team Leader of any accounts you are unable to service as scheduled)
- Create, develop, and maintain goodwill in every account
- Drive company vehicle safely, courteously, and obey all traffic regulations
- Keep company vehicle neat and clean at all times
- Report all vehicle damage and required maintenance to the garage and supervisor
- Cooperate with Pre-Sell Representative and Merchandiser to ensure maximum efficiency and service of the bulk system
- Follow correct check-in procedures
- Report all competitive activity to your Supervisor
- Follow all safety practices as described in the Company safety policy
- Maintain communications with the office as local policies require
- Attend all required meetings
- Follow all Company rules and regulations
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned
Must be a high school graduate. College experience is desirable. A Merchandiser must be able to adhere to the Eagle Rock Distributing Company Rotation Policy and be able to read code dates on all master cases, cartons, cans, bottle labels and kegs. A merchandiser should be aware of stock rotation procedures when placing product in store rooms, coolers, shelves and displays as well as the understanding of the basic brewing process, methods, ingredients, and advantages of the products in order to talk intelligently to retailers and consumers while selling and promoting the brands. Merchandisers are responsible for representing the company at all times in a professional manner and developing sound salesmanship techniques for implementing business at the retail level.
Must be able to reach, pull, twist, bend, stoop to move cases of beer. Must be able to check code dates accurately, talk and hear to communicate with retailers and co-workers. May require sitting or standing for extended periods. Occasionally requires the ability to lift over 70 lbs. Must be capable of pushing or pulling loaded carts (weighing approximately 300 lbs)
Environmental Conditions & Temperament
- Job duties are performed inside and outside retail buildings.
- Exposure to outside weather, walk-in cooler temperatures, riding in semi-truck, exposure to fumes, vibrations and noise levels.
- Ability to maintain a professional image in public eye while performing the duties.
Thorough product and package knowledge is essential. A safe driving record is also required. Previous beverage, beer or route sales experience is preferred.
The list of requirements, duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive, but is merely the most accurate list for the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed when circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, or technical development.
Posted 30+ days ago