New Product Development Program Manager – SPX Flow – Delavan, WI
$120,000 – $130,000 a year
Full Job Description
Reports to the Manager of New Product Development team:
The incumbent of this highly visible role will work closely with all business functions involved in New Product Development (NPD) and Innovation. He/she will take ownership of the NPD portfolio of one or more product lines and will ensure programs are properly planned and executed on time, on quality and on cost.
Critical to the success of this role will be the partnership and collaboration across the organization, on various levels, to ensure alignment and commitment with all SPX FLOW strategic and operating plans. In addition to that, the successful candidate will lead change while improving the agility, efficiency and sustainability of the SPX FLOW operating model.
The NPD Program Manager is responsible for providing program leadership for assigned NPD programs, manage schedule and funding to assure timely completion of gate deliverables consistent with product strategy, quality, safety and performance. An individual that would fit this role must possess strong communication, leadership, technical skills and the ability to use problem-solving techniques to properly identify, resolve and document issues related to cross-functional program management. This person will also focus on sustained and long-term continuous improvement that consistently produces improved results while achieving high performance standards.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ownership of NPD Program for one or more Product Lines.
- Ensures NPD Resources, Tools, Knowledge and Project Management are in place to meet NPD Program objectives.
- Assures timely completion of deliverables consistent with product strategy, product specification, quality, safety, performance and the NPD process.
- Works closely with Product Managers to establish clearly specified NPD objectives, in line with the Product Line Strategy.
- Defines program Stage-Gate deliverables, funding, and resource loading for various NPD projects to meet Product Line Vitality objectives.
- Manages execution per the program schedule by leading Program Teams and facilitating the communication / interaction amongst the functional representatives.
- Ensures all product stakeholders are represented in the NPD process.
- Manages projects directly and/or by overseeing functional project leads to meet Stage-Gate milestones and deliverables.
- Works closely with resource owners in engineering, operations and commercial functions for proper and timely staffing of projects.
- Ensures Value Engineering and Design for Manufacturing principles are appropriately applied during the course of projects.
- Tracks progress of all NPD projects in program against schedule, cost and specification, and implements immediate corrective actions where needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Goal-oriented self-starter with a proven record of delivering results in fast pace environments.
- Strong knowledge of technical and administrative aspects of all phases of project management.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills, including following up on his/her own needed actions and those of assigned team members.
- Demonstrates strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates sound business acumen.
- Demonstrates teamwork leadership abilities, as well as persistence when dealing with problems.
- Demonstrates ability to understand & interpret product strategies.
- Able to develop advanced graphs, pivot tables, schedules, slide summaries and other reports using Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
- General knowledge of operations, including scheduling, procurement, manufacturing, test engineering, and quality systems.
- General knowledge of marketing, including market research, market sizing, pricing, marketing communications, and product launch.
- Effectively communicates well with internal and external customers, at all levels in the organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline related to mechanical, rotating, flow or process equipment.
- Eight plus years of relevant industrial experience in a technical role.
- Five plus years of program/project and/or people management experience.
- Proven experience in the delivery of complex projects.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or MBA.
- Project or program management certification.
- Six Sigma/LEAN techniques and methodology certification.
SPX COMPETENCIES / CRITICAL DIFFERENTIATORS:
- Customer Focus
- Raising the Bar
- Leading Change
- Establishing Strategic Direction
- Aligning Performance for Success
- Planning and Organizing
- Emotional Intelligence
- Building Trust
- Building Organizational Talent
- Continuous Learning
- Executive Disposition
- Global Acumen
- Optimizing Diversity
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 – $130,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Posted 3 days ago