Outside Sales Professional – New York Life – Amarillo, TX
Full Job Description
If yes, consider becoming an insurance agent to drive positive impact in the lives of families every day. At New York Life, you’re in control of your career journey. Backed by a Fortune 100 company that is a leader in the financial services industry, New York Life will invest in you from the start, training you in valuable skills such as marketing, customer relationship management (CRM) and communication, and providing you with a development team and sales support to guide your success.
What we’re looking for…
We’re looking for people who want to make a lasting impact on the financial well-being of individuals, families and small businesses. This is not just a sales job—it’s a career with purpose and opportunity. You’ll provide peace of mind to your clients while helping them navigate challenges that many of them find complex and confusing, such as preparing for retirement and saving for college. As an insurance agent, you will have the opportunity to see the positive impact of your work for years to come. You will grow personally and professionally along with your clients.
What we offer…
Training and development
We’ll equip and train you with a multi-faceted approach that includes an industry-leading learning platform, personalized coaching from dedicated training professionals and the ability to obtain industry professional designations. We are so committed to training that we’ll subsidize it in your first two years, providing you with additional funds to help keep you on your feet while you complete our training program and grow your business. You’ll also get rewarded and acknowledged with sales incentives and professional development trips for our top performing insurance agents.
Beyond this training and support, New York Life will equip you with the tools you need to succeed day-to-day, including experts on hand to answer your questions and a suite of digital sales, prospecting and marketing tools that will help you attract and retain your clients with web, social and email content.
Products and solutions
Together with its subsidiaries, New York Life provides a range of products, including life insurance, annuities, long term care insurance and investment products such as mutual funds through our broker-dealer arm NYLIFE Securities LLC (member of FINRA and SIPC), a Licensed Insurance Agency, ensuring that the solutions you develop with your clients can help them
and their families achieve their financial goals. You’ll also be able to specialize and gain expertise in different areas, such as by becoming a financial advisor with Eagle Strategies LLC, our investment advisory division to offer wealth management and advisory services 1 , estate planning strategies and business solutions.
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a strong team with peer-to-peer support options like study groups, mentorship and other opportunities to engage with your fellow insurance agents.
How we will compensate you.
You have the power to determine your own income with our commission-based compensation. Across our more than 12,000 diverse agent population, the average income in 2020 was $91,351. 2 Individual agent performance dictates this income.
Additional benefits include medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) and pension. 3
About New York Life…
New York Life is a Fortune 100 company with a long history of doing good. We have been in business for over 175 years, helping generations of Americans protect their families and attain their financial goals. As a mutual company, we are accountable only to our policyholders, not to Wall Street or outside investors. We are focused on long-term success for our clients.
Awards & Accolades…
We’re proud of our financial strength. 4
- A++ Superior (A.M. Best)
- AAA Exceptionally Strong (Fitch)
- Aaa Exceptional (Moody’s)
- AA+ Very Strong (Standard & Poor’s)
We’re proud of our position in the industry. 5
- Training Magazine 2021: Top Companies for Learning and Development
- Fortune Magazine 2021: New York Life ranks #1 in 2021 Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies list for Insurance: Life and Health. 6
- JD Power Award 2020: #1 in Best Annuity Provider category and #6 in Best Life Insurer rankings
We’re proud to be recognized by organizations that also value diversity.
- 2021 Forbes Best Employers for Diversity: New York Life ranks #82 out of the 500 companies recognized
- LATINA Style 2019: Company of the Year
- Forbes 2019: America’s Best Employers for Diversity
- Diversity Inc 2018: Top 50 Companies for Diversity
We’re proud of the help we’ve provided and continue to provide our clients. 7
- 5,500,000+ lives Protected (includes all owners of individual life insurance and annuity policies)
- $5,200,000,000+ in living benefits awarded (includes life and annuity cash value accumulation and qualifying policy dividends paid)
- $910,000,000+ lifetime annuity paid (includes all payouts on individual income annuity products)
- Over 29,000 professionals hired (includes company employees along with contracted financial professionals)
New York Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
1. Wealth Management and advisory services offered by Financial Advisors of Eagle Strategies LLC, a Registered Investment Adviser and a New York Life company.
2. As reflected by company data. Historical company data is provided for informational purposes only. Agent income is not guaranteed. Income is dependent upon the sales of each agent. Individuals reflected sold at least one life insurance policy.
3. New York Life reserves the right to amend or terminate any benefit plans, in whole or in part, at any time.
4. New York Life Insurance Company continues to receive the highest financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer in the U.S. from all four major rating agencies. Source: Individual Third-Party Rating Reports: A.M. Best A++ (7/22/20), Fitch Ratings AAA (as of 12/10/20), Moody’s Aaa (as of 1/6/21), and Standard & Poor’s AA+ (as of 10/14/20).
5. Full lists
Posted 3 days ago