Pre-Sales Network Engineer-REMOTE – CCI Systems, Inc. – Laramie, WY
Full Job Description
Location: MT, ID, UT, WY, AZ, WA, OR, CA, and NV regions
Why CCI? CCI Systems, Inc. is an Employee-Owned solution provider specializing in telecommunications, comprehensive network assessments, industry-leading engineering, drafting and design services, and 24/7 support services. Come join our team of engineers and experts that guide our customers toward the right choices to future-proof their network for years to come. Our outstanding team-based work culture and environment has allowed us to grow, develop, and retain long-term employees. We value our employee’s hard work and determination and REWARD results all while having fun!
Our mission is to make life better by connecting people through innovative communication systems.
We are seeking a Pre-Sales Network Engineer within various regions to provide technical expertise for architecture, solution sets, and new technology updates, as well as supports pre-sales activities. The SE will assist in the analysis, design, and development of fully integrated technology solutions while developing and fostering relationships with existing and new customers. CCI focuses on High End Routing, Optical, Broadband Access, Information Technology, Security and Network Consulting. We offer a full spectrum of network planning, assessment and implementation services, and a Cisco Gold Partner with over 60 certifications.
- Partner with the Account Management, Sales and Integration teams in a pre-sales process and provide them with technical knowledge and support of various technology vendors, specifically, Carrier networking, IP/Optical transport, Data Center solutions, Virtualization, Security, and Server solutions.
- Prepare and deliver frequent on-site presentations, explaining features and benefits to customers, crafting complex software and hardware solutions, and configuring products and services to meet specific customer business needs and objectives.
- Develop, manage, and implement sales processes and procedures with assigned account management teams to meet sales goals and company directives.
- Engineer required solutions, including bill of materials, scope of work, and labor estimation.
- Collaborate with the Field Engineering team to understand and develop project deliverables, design, challenges, and timelines.
- Develop and foster professional relationships with the sales team, vendor contacts, and customers.
- Create and deliver educational materials for sales teams within assigned Technology Vertical(s).
- Maintain technical knowledge and stay abreast of technical advancements in primary functional area(s) of responsibility.
Skills we are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer and Network Administration, Computer Science, engineering, or 5+ years of relevant job experience in operations or sales specific to technology related fields.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Substantial knowledge or experience in Service Provider, Carrier, or Electrical Co-Op networks.
- In-depth technical and product knowledge of, including the ability to design, one (or more) of the following:
- IP/MPLS networks including IP routing and switching, Segment Routing, MPLS, BGP, IGP, core service provider routing architectures, and unified MPLS concepts.
- Optical networks including DWDM and TDM/SONET.
- Data Center and Cloud solutions that include virtualization, storage, fabric, compute, and automation.
- Security – secure architectures including sales and system design in secure architectures, cyber security, and security posture. Primary focus on network firewalling, DDos Mitigation and/or NAC.
- Expertise of the above concepts with a focus on the primary OEMs Cisco, Nokia, Ciena, Juniper.
- Ability to create technical documents, presentations, and diagrams using Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to lead a customer demonstration, training, or design session.
- Excellent presentation, communication, interpersonal, and research skills.
Shift is Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST but must be able to work outside normal business hours when required.
Additional information approximately 50% travel is required.
Posted 4 days ago