Presales Systems Engineer – Aruba Networks – Huntsville, AL
Aruba Networks Back to Listings
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Aruba is redefining the “Intelligent Edge” Aruba is creating new customer experiences by building intelligent spaces and digital workspaces – leading next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise. We are focused on campus, branch, mobility and the IoT to transform businesses with the combined power of compute, context, control, and secure connectivity. We help some of the largest and most exciting companies globally to modernize their networks to meet the demands of a digital future.
Sounds like you? Then we have the right opportunity!
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join us as a remote employee in Alabama! In this role you’ll be responsible for providing technical support and/or leadership in the creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet a customer’s business needs. Creates and maintains effective customer relationships to secure customer satisfaction. Provides the deepest level of product- and technology-specific expertise available to customers from anyone in the sales organization in deal pursuit situations. Aligned to specific products or product-lines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in assigned territory.
- Work directly with customers, and partners, to design technical solutions based on the optimum combination of hardware, software, and services to meet complex customer needs.
- Play a role in the development of the bid, proposal, and presentation of the solution to the prospect.
- Provide specific solutions/technology/product/technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory.
- Perform an expert level of technical presentations for customers, partners, and potential prospects.
- Manage vendor partners to help drive business and deliver demand generation events.
- Drive account relationships over time to continue to deliver advice to the customer and identify additional opportunities; maintain and manage a sales pipeline and forecasts against regional goals.
- Possess expert competitive knowledge including solution, technology, and product offerings.
- Provide consultative support to key internal/external stakeholders in assigned territory.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum of 12 years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8 years of infrastructure engineering and 4+ years’ experience with successful pre-sales support.
- You will have Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, computer engineering, information technology, software engineering or information systems.
- You will have three to four years’ experience as a pre-sales Systems/Sales Engineer
- You will have experience working with VLANs and IP subnetting
- You will have experience using routing protocols such as OSFP and BGP
- You will have knowledge and experience creating access control lists (ACLs) on routers and switches
- You will have recent experience using the CLI on major router and switch vendors
- You will have working knowledge of the installation and configuration of virtual machines on major hypervisors (VMware, Hyper-V)
- You will have troubleshooting skills on the installation and configuration of hypervisors and operating systems
- You will have knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Office Suite (Power Point, Excel, Word), Microsoft Windows, Apple OS X, Linux operating system experience
- ACMX and/or ACDX are required for this level. Candidates who do not currently have a ACMX or ACDX will still be considered for this position however a plan to achieve an Aruba ACMX or ACDX certification should be presented during formal interviews for this position.
- Other industry certifications are a plus for this level.
- SD-Wan would be a plus
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive, and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!1124908
Posted 6 days ago