Product Specialist – Parts Inventory – YANMAR America – Adairsville, GA
YANMAR America Back to Listings
Full Job Description
YANMAR America Corporation, located in Adairsville, GA, is the regional headquarters of YANMAR Co., Ltd. a global company based in Osaka, Japan. YANMAR is a recognized leader in the design and manufacturing of advanced performance diesel engines and diesel-powered equipment for a multitude of market segments including agricultural and construction equipment. YANMAR Co. Ltd., was established in 1912 and in 1933 became the world’s first manufacturer to develop a practical small diesel engine. Over the last 80 years, YANMAR has been a manufacturer of world-renowned engines and equipment. YANMAR America Corporation is located at 101 International Parkway, Adairsville, GA 30103. For more information, please visit us.YANMAR.com.
The Product Specialist is responsible for ensuring excellent product delivery for Yanmar America Parts business. They will maintain a knowledge base of Parts products, analyze market trends, develop strategies for sales, price and profitability, recommend improvements, identify opportunities, and increase revenue. The Product Specialist manages the information flow between departments, working cross-functionally with GCS, engineering, manufacturing, sales, customer support and third parties to communicate YANMAR’s value proposition for Parts business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, update and communicate required and recommended parts stocking lists by model by product line.
- Develop, update and launch Maintenance Kits based on maintenance intervals located in operation manuals by model by product line.
- Research, gather and develop feature / function / benefit content at the platform level and eventually individual product level for YANMAR Genuine, “White Box” and “Reman” Parts.
- Bring new products to market by coordinating information requests and content flow between GCS, Engineering and third-party suppliers for new products. Develop, implement and control a “Release for Sale” process to launch new products.
- Assist with internal product inquiries, providing product information, and features. Deliver product presentations as needed to YA staff and channel partners.
- Coordinate with Marketing Department to construct and distribute materials and sales promotions to assist YA staff and channel partners in selling Yanmar parts products.
- Direct the work of third-party suppliers/agencies to meet YA’s brand, labeling and packaging requirements.
- Participate in and assist with selecting, promoting and pricing products to ensure sales, profitability, and format integrity. Participate in and assist with product category reviews.
- Create and execute a schedule to conduct competitive price benchmarking to make pricing and program recommendations as an input to GPM strategy.
- Develop and implement a local pricing analysis & documentation method (that supports GPM strategy) to quickly evaluate YA’s price positioning when provided with competitive price documentation.
- Utilize YA procurement standards to secure products through YA Supplier contracts that are complete, accurate and provide the best combination of cost and terms to ensure YA profitability.
- Gather industry information that summarizes consumer needs, industry seasonality (purchasing, use, maintenance), and product lifecycles as an input into the annual promotional plan.
- Grasp, obtain, sort, analyze and deliver all information surrounding the business of the assigned PARTS Categories including but not limited to sales, gross profit, promotions, channels, customers, current inventory, fill rates to create and communicate timely and accurate current and forward looking information to key stakeholders on a monthly basis.
- Create and deliver annual, monthly and weekly progress reports relating to PARTS Category sales and marketing requested by management and co-workers.
- Assist in the development of the annual sales revenue and marketing expense budget. Monitor results versus budget.
- Provide reporting and support to the YA Compliance Department consumable product lines.
- Download and publish compliance reports as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to gather, sort, analyze and deliver information utilizing strong communication and software skills.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and other business systems used by YANMAR America.
- Knowledge of competitive parts features/benefits and maintenance schedules
- Proven project leadership and problem-solving abilities.
- Collaborative working style with strong ability to work with multi-cultural teams.
- Advanced functional experience with Microsoft Office programs (specifically Excel), as well as Salesforce or another CRM system experience a plus
- Knowledge of data visualization software a plus (Tableau)
- Presentation (documentation) skills and communication skills
- Basic knowledge of accounting policies and financial statements
- Multi-tasked, analytical thinking.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a product marketing role with an increasing level of responsibility.
- Proficient knowledge of Excel – basic pivot tables, V-Lookup (complex formulas)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Demonstrate organizational and planning skills resulting in effective time management.
- This position is full time and based in Adairsville, GA.
Successful candidates may expect an excellent total compensation package including competitive salary, health care insurance (including dental and vision), 401(k) retirement plan with match, and many other excellent employee benefits.
Posted 30+ days ago