Product Support Specialist- Lake Mary, FL – Getinge – Lake Mary, FL
Job Function Summary:
Provide office-based technical support for Lancer laboratory washers for service technicians, sales representatives and customers in the area of troubleshooting and issue resolution.
Job Functions: (Primary “essential” duties and responsibilities)
- Provide after sales support for customers, service representatives, and sales representatives for Lancer washer and sterilizer products
- Interface with customers, factory representatives, and internal team to provide resolutions to technical issues.
- Provide oversight of customer service issues
- Receive, modify, test, and ship machines and spare parts.
- Perform general warehouse functions including inventory management, spare parts packaging and shipment
- Travel to customer locations in order to perform installation, validation, and preventative maintenance on periodic basis
- Assist in development specialized accessories and wash cycles required for specific customer cleaning applications
- Provide assistance to other after sales team members in resolution of difficult technical/customer support issues
- Maintain personal competence for meeting job responsibilities through effective use of product information and technical data provided by factory.
- Order components through internal and external means.
- Based upon design criteria, assemble/install modifications and options to stock equipment
- Assist in training of service technicians as required
- Log, track, and provide technical assistance in resolution of quality issues with the factory
- Other activities as the need arises.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong technical aptitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Proactive and inquisitive
- Intermediate skills using Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- CAD software preferred
- Must travel as required to customer. Travel requirements: estimated up to 20%. Occasional overnight travel and weekend departure as necessary. Valid passport required as occasional international travel is possible.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Associated degree in a technical discipline (electrical background preferred) or equivalent.
- Minimum (2) years demonstrated hands-on field experience and/or technical support, including ability to apply technical expertise and make judgements regarding systems and equipment of considerable complexity.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and diagnostic skills, and ability to interpret electrical and mechanical drawings.
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Getinge is on an exciting transformation journey constantly looking for new ways to innovate together with our customers to meet the healthcare challenges of the future. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and to sustainability with a goal to be CO2 neutral by 2025. We believe in giving our employees the flexibility they need and make every effort to foster a learning culture that supports their personal development and creativity. Our passionate people hold our brand promise ‘Passion for Life’ close to heart.
If you share our passion and believe that saving lives is the greatest job in the world, then we look forward to receiving your application and resume. We hope you will join us on our journey to become the world’s most respected and trusted medtech company.
Posted 18 days ago