Regional Sales Consultant – Cardinal Health – Alabama
What Territory Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Territory Management is responsible for cold calling, prospecting and building relationships that will increase account penetration, revenue growth and customer satisfaction within a business segment and geography. Focus areas will include driving new business as well as increasing penetration in existing accounts.
Cardinal Health at-Home is a leading provider of disposable medical supplies and durable medical equipment. We are committed to helping people receive disposable medical supplies in their own home, as well as supporting those who care for them with operational and clinical expertise.
This position can be based in the field. It is part of the Independence Medical sector of Cardinal Health at-Home.
- Promote our DME distribution services and solutions to independently owned medical equipment company and pharmacy
- Manage assigned territory of accounts, engage with current customers, build and maintain positive business relations
- Maximize touch points within assigned territory, splitting time between home office and travel within the territory. Traveling twice a month with regular stops with top business partners.
- Engage in new business development and cultivate new accounts for Independence Medical
- Reverse attrition of past accounts and attempt to limit attrition in the future
- System information management, administrative tasks, pricing, P+L
- Must have experience in territory planning and strategy, as this position goes beyond simply outside sales
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of customer product categories and services needs
- Develop value propositions around client needs, effectively negotiate financial terms and finalize purchase agreements for our products and services.
- Identify new product sale opportunities and promote Cardinal Health strategic priorities with clients within the assigned territory
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews and Value Analysis Presentations to all required customers
- Must be able to envision the big picture/ greater needs of the company
- Understand and manage your book of business while aligning with the overall initiatives of Independence Medical
- Bachelors degree highly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years related sales experience, including pipeline and territory management
- Prior experience selling supplies and distribution, including but not limited to, medical disposables, medical consumables, medical device.
- Proven product knowledge in business area
- Demonstrate advance knowledge of Cardinal Health and customer industry (e.g., key competitors, technology, terminology, regulations)
- Strong understanding of customer buying process that enables effective management of opportunity pipeline for each account
- Proven track record for developing targeted offerings and closing large/medium deals
- Motivated to uncover and learn about new business opportunities
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel 50%
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Posted 11 days ago