Sales Engineer – Ziply Fiber – Coeur d'Alene, ID
Full Job Description
Everyone deserves the best internet possible, and that’s the refreshingly great experience we’re creating at Ziply Fiber. We’re bringing fiber to more than one million homes and businesses across the broader Northwest. By pairing brilliantly fast internet with customer choice and control, we’re making it simple and easy for you to connect to the things that matter most to you. Ziply Fiber is based in Kirkland, Washington, providing communities across Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana with fiber internet in addition to streaming TV, privacy products, and phone service as well.
The Sales Engineer provides the development of technology solutions that help customers accelerate their business initiatives across multiple technology domains. The Sales Engineer acts as a key member of the customer-facing team and is responsible for aligning Ziply Fiber services and capabilities with customer objectives, representing the Ziply Fiber service portfolio and value proposition to prospective customers, and contributing to the overall sales and business development strategy for supported markets. The Sales Engineer will drive customer conversations to uncover, scope, and define customer business objectives addressable by Ziply Fiber capabilities while demonstrating ability to influence the sales process effectively and technically to overcome customer objections.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: *
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities listed below are a range of duties performed by the employee and not intended to reflect all duties performed.
- Leads and Facilitates analysis of customers business needs in person or through collaboration tools to develop solution strategies based on knowledge of customer’s technology environment.
- Initiate and develop strong customer relationships and act as a customer advocate within Ziply Fiber to ensure the delivery of an exceptional customer experience
- Prepare technical proposals and presentations for customers and provide limited scope responses to service and industry questions.
- Actively participate in account, module, and market planning meetings.
- Develop responses to client issued Requests for Proposal/Information through design and thought leadership.
- Deliver both formal and informal presentations which effectively represent the industry positioning and capabilities of Ziply Fiber, and the business value and ROI of service offerings proposed to customers.
- Develop statement(s) of work, scoping and design documentation, solution summaries, operational support detail, and other technical documentation to outline delivery and life cycle of services proposed to customers
- Participate in relevant market, industry, or technology organizations / associations, marketing events, and trade shows
- Provide basic service, capability, technology, and industry training to internal and external groups
- 7+ years’ experience in technology engineering pre-sales or equivalent experience including consulting or professional services
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience
- Preference of a minimum of one technology domain certification (CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, AWS
- Solutions Associate, CompTIA Network+, Security+, MCSA, etc.). Preferred advanced technology domain certification (CISSP, CCIE, AWS Solutions Architect, PMP, CISM)
- Broad understanding of IT concepts, architectures, and processes, with experience supporting networking, software, cloud, or security technology domains
- Demonstrated ability to lead customer collaboration, discovery, and whiteboard sessions to draw out technology solutions while establishing lasting relationships with customers. Effective communicator internally and externally
- Must possess a deep understanding of business strategies, execution model and technology enablement within one or more related domains to drive engagement and though leadership with clients
- Understanding of how technology can be applied to address or accelerate customer business objectives
- Proficient at both informal and formal presentations to large technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent communications skills including, writing, presenting, as well as accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to drive on behalf of the company in a safe and responsible manner.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance with a satisfactory driving records
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: *
Ability to work independently and apply sound judgment and reasoning skills to a variety of situations
- Ability to multi-task and collaborate effectively with other personnel to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work within critical deadlines.
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities and schedules.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US for any employer. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions._
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse, and multi-line telephone system. The work is primarily a modern office setting.
Diverse Workforce / EEO: *
Ziply Fiber is an equal opportunity employer. Ziply Fiber will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job-related handicap or disability or any other legally protected status.
Ziply Fiber requires a pre-employment background check as conditions of employment. Ziply Fiber may require a pre-employment drug screening.
Ziply Fiber is a drug free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Posted 30+ days ago