Sales Representative – Milwaukee – Avient – Milwaukee, WI
Avient Back to Listings
Avient Corporation (NYSE: AVNT), with expected 2021 revenues of $4.6 to $4.7 billion, provides specialized and sustainable material solutions that transform customer challenges into opportunities, bringing new products to life for a better world. Examples include:
- Barrier technologies that preserve the shelf-life and quality of food, beverages, medicine and other perishable goods through high-performance materials
- Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional materials which can improve fuel efficiency in all modes of transportation
- Breakthrough technologies that minimize wastewater and improve the recyclability of materials and packaging across a spectrum of end uses
Avient employs approximately 8,400 associates and is certified ACC Responsible Care®, a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste and certified Great Place to Work®. For more information, visit www.avient.com.
At Avient, we strive for a culture of trust and engagement. Our associates are leading company initiatives such as Lead by Women, HYPE (Harnessing Young Professionals), Pride at Avient and Embrace to advance diversity in professional and personal development. We also provide our associates with robust development programs such as Avient Academy, Lean Six Sigma, and various leadership workshops to allow for career growth in a variety of ways. With workplace flexibility, health and wellness programs, casual dress days, and paid time off for community service, we are committed to building upon our positive momentum.
At Avient, we believe diversity of ideas and backgrounds gives us the creativity to be successful in a rapidly changing world. In support of this, we stress equality of opportunity for all qualified individuals in accordance with applicable laws. Decisions in hiring, promotion, development, compensation and advancement are based upon non-discriminatory factors such as, for example, qualifications, abilities, experience, and performance.
Avient Distribution exists to help meet the demands of an evolving world as it focuses on sustainability and change. Working together, we will help transform challenges into opportunities to bring new products to market faster.
The Wisconsin based Sales Representative is responsible for aggressively pursuing sales of products to customers for Avient Distribution. Duties include forecasting and achieving annual objectives for sales, margins and volume growth. Position is focused on securing business from prospective and current accounts in an effort to meet sales objectives. Minimal training and oversight is
required; works autonomously on a day- to-day basis. Individual must have the ability to assist customers in problem solving to deliver solutions, bring energy, enthusiasm and professionalism to their daily routines. Up to 25% travel is required (mainly in the Wisconsin area).
The purpose of the Sales Function is to deliver:
- Profitable revenue growth, including robust new business development.
- Achieve stated gross margin targets as a percentage of sales.
- Approach the sales process with a high degree of professionalism and effectiveness by successful utilization of customer centric selling skills and tools, such as use of scorecards, business reviews, EVE tools, high/wide/deep, 5 warning signs, prospecting & new account calls, development of a robust sales funnel, collecting ARs, avoidance of bad debts, cross selling, and effective CRM system management.
- Establish, track and close new business targets consistent with long- term growth objectives.
- Implement marketing programs and provide feedback on resource needs and emerging opportunities.
- Establish account development plans and network resources up, down and across both the customer’s organization and Avient.
- Develop, execute and manage sales plans, sales budgets, and expense budgets.
- Prospecting and cold calling.
- As an individual and sales team member, contributes to the company’s planning of both long- and short-term business objectives. This will include periodic and annual sales forecasts, as well as the setting of sales volume goals.
- Deliver the planned results (AOP).
- Exercises discretion and judgment with respect to specific selling activities. These include, but are not limited to, solutions including appropriate product grades to be offered for specific applications and markets; appropriate use of standard product grades versus a custom compounded product and; competitive pricing of products.
- Work both directly and cooperatively with channel partners to close business based on customer’s purchasing requirements.
- Maintains current accounts as well as develops new accounts. This includes independent assessment of a customer’s needs and the presence of competitive pressures.
- May be required to serve as a primary company representative at trade shows, conferences and in other promotional settings.
- Create and maintain CRM data and sales statistics as required.
- May work with Technical and Customer Service team(s) to ensure customer requirements and satisfaction are met.
- Other duties as needed. #LI-Remote
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or applicable field
- Minimum of 3 years sales experience
- Complex thinking skills in translating customer needs into solutions.
- Technical aptitude.
- Professional presence, including excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Broad knowledge of solutions, materials and processing.
- Team player.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Minimal training and oversight required.
- Works autonomously on a day-to-day basis.
- Strong computer skills, proficiency with MS Word & Excel preferred; SAP experience preferred.
Each position at Avient focuses on eight Core Competencies as a Leader of Self. Additionally, management positions focus on Leadership Competencies as a Leader of Others and/or a Leader of the Business. These competencies are designed to drive behavior that will ultimately help our associates excel at their current roles, while supporting individual and career development.
- Complex thinking skills in translating customer needs into solutions
- Technical aptitude
- Professional presence, including excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Broad knowledge of solutions, materials and processing
- Ability to influence others and be assertive
- Team player
- Strong organizational skills required
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical and environmental demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Requires standing and sitting for prolonged periods of time, talking and listening.
- Must be able to walk and use hands.
- Typically work is in an office environment where the noise level is low to moderate.
Avient Corporation is a drug free workplace. Avient is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law.
Posted 17 days ago