Sales Specialist(Commercial Accounts), Networking and Security – Opportunity for Working Remotely Milwaukee, WI – VMware – Milwaukee, WI
VMware Back to Listings
Full Job Description
SALES SPECIALIST, NETWORKING & SECURITY
Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
Be a part of our Networking and Security Sales Organization – which brings multi-cloud capability to life, allows for application modernization, and provides a workforce solution that enables employees to work from anywhere with secure, frictionless experiences.
We serve as true business partners to our customers (both internal and external). If you are passionate about driving digital transformation, we have a top-of-the-line technology stack that will allow for you to create those experiences within your designated customer ecosystem.
As one of the “Best Places to Work” we value transparency, community, innovation, and excellence. If you are motivated, results-driven, and enjoy working in an environment that fosters learning and continuous growth, we would like to meet you.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
Establishing rapport, credibility, and relationship your customers will be essential in driving success as a sales specialist at VMware.
- The primary objective of this position is to hit an annual revenue target of and profitability target of your specific territory
- Within 30 days of employment, you will have effectively conceptualized how our VCN product portfolio can drive business value
- You will work closely with the VMware core sales team and your solutions engineering counterparts – bringing ideas, customer perspective, and a sales plan will be necessary to create the most synergy and collaboration with your VMware counterparts
- Within 90 days of employment, you will be regularly meeting with your customer base to discovery how our technology solution can help them to achieve their business goals
- Within 120 days of employment, you will either have closed an opportunity with a customer and/or will be generating an active customer pipeline of future business
- Within 180 days of employment, you will be consistently scheduling, planning, and joining customer calls to sell solutions within our VCN technology stack
- Within 360 days along with the above, you will have successfully sold multiple deals and attained the quota goal that was established for your territory
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
Your regular activities will vary on a day-to-day basis, but you can expect a variety of the following assignments
- Consistently planning and updating territory strategy and customer prioritization
- Accurately forecasting sales pipeline
- Ensuring Salesforce hygiene – consistently updating sales tools to reflect current state
- Educating yourself on the technology – how does it work – how does it provide value to my customers – how does this differentiate from our competitors
- Drive the sales process – selling both SaaS and Subscription based products
- Effectively communicating business value with customers during meetings
- Collaborating regularly with team members, sales leadership, and presales engineers
- Hunting/Prospecting – sending messages via email, LinkedIn, ZoomInfo, cold calling, and leveraging existing relationships to broker net new meetings
- Negotiate with customers on pricing and timelines – navigating objections, partnering with finance, communicating with procurement, and overcoming any potential roadblocks that hinder customer adoption of VMware Networking and Advanced Security Products
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The team culture is one based on building trust, on-going development through coaching, and giving back to the community through service learning. We trust each other to get the job done right, which allows for a flexible schedule to balance work and life.
Where is this role located?
Remote: This role is fully remote, allowing you the flexibility to work from the location you feel most productive and comfortable. You will be expected to live within 0-4 time zones of the primary location.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement program
“This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.”
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2022-04-11
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Posted 14 days ago