Senior Principal Applications Engineer – FormFactor, Inc. – Livermore, CA
FormFactor, Inc. Back to Listings
- Predominant focus on the electrical aspects of the product and customer application with particular emphasis on RF and mmW technologies.
- Provides pre-sale support by assessing customer needs and offering the ideal wafer probing solution.
- Provides post-sales support through customer training and equipment set-up for an optimized wafer probing solution.
- Functions as a cross-functional mediator between the customer or Sales Channel and Product Engineering.
- Performs product and application training seminars for customers and sales channels.
- Participates in trade shows to demonstrate and promote products.
- Makes recommendations regarding product improvement, new products and quality.
- Provides input on business trends and new product opportunities.
- Sorts through multiple demands and independently sets priorities based on customer and business dynamics.
- Is required to travel up to 30% of the time, occasionally with no advanced notice.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or bachelor’s with appropriate experience
- A minimum of eight years of RF experience in test and measurement engineering, application engineering or product engineering
- Must have experience in RF/Microwave measurements (e.g. scattering parameter measurements using a Vector Network Analyzer) with on-wafer probing experience, RF simulation software and calibration techniques being highly desirable.
- Computer literate, with experience using design and layout software is beneficial in this position.
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of an organization and with individuals of various degrees of technical knowledge and ability.
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Posted 17 days ago