Service Desk/ Key Carrier – Broulims Supermarkets Inc – Alpine, WY
Broulims Supermarkets Inc Back to Listings
Full Job Description
Mission Statement: Through skilled and devoted team members, Broulim’s will provide the highest levels of Guest Service, Quality, and Value in a clean, enjoyable environment, thereby ensuring profitability and growth.
Vision Statement: Broulim’s Fresh Foods will always strive to be the best Independent Grocer in our communities.
Broulim’s Absolutes: fundamental practices that align our actions to our Mission and Vision Statements
Punctuality & Attendance
Adherence to Policy
Honesty & Integrity
Appearance & Neatness
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
1 – Skilled and Devoted Team Members
- Interview, select and hire qualified personnel for Front-End Department. Include Store Director in the final decision.
- Participate in setting and achieving goals to further your skills and engagement at time of your Evaluation.
- Oversees the development and growth of all Front-End Department team members by ensuring orientation, certification, on-line training, and continued training, ensuring all team members have the opportunity to be successful.
- Conduct evaluations and address disciplinary concerns properly and timely.
- Attends and contributes to department, store, and company meetings.
- Comply with all company policies, programs, and directives as specified by your manager and in the Team Member Manual.
2 – Guest Service / Team Work
- Deliver excellent guest service through a friendly and courteous behavior by greeting, assisting, and responding to guest’s needs in order to promote Broulim’s image and increase guest confidence and loyalty.
- Establishes and monitors team member work schedules to ensure maximum guest service, productivity and efficiency. This also includes continually observing the Front-End for proper coverage during high volume times and ensures additional help as needed.
- Maintain a high level of coordination and communication with other departments to ensure a smooth flow of products and service throughout the store and within the Front-End Department.
3 – Quality and Value
- Maintains knowledge of operating cash register and performs all related checkout procedures in a fast, efficient, friendly, and accurate manner. Completes all procedures and responsibilities within company, state and federal guidelines as directed by Front-End Manager and Store Management.
- Ensures our team members are continually communicated with and properly trained regarding all related functions of their job responsibilities including but not limited to: Guest service, appropriate WOW sheet information, proper handling of guests checks, over rings, refunds, WIC, Plus Program, security issues, cash handling, price changes, location of store product, produce codes, lottery processes, Rug Doctor, Coin Star, rain checks, refunds, Money Grams and money orders, and injury or accident reports, properly handling tobacco and alcohol products, etc.
- Possesses knowledge and follows and ensures all cashiers are following all I.D. policies (Broulim’s, State, and Federal) on checks, tobacco, alcohol, and WIC.
- Is aware of Ad items, special prices, coupon deals in Single Point and Store Coupons, Plus Program and other features that apply to the stores sales program and always communicates the information to the Front-End team members.
- Notifies proper personnel of any pricing errors or items not found in file discovered through the process of the checkout function. This is accomplished by filling in a “Not on File Slip”.
- Ensures timely pick-up, control, accuracy, and security of cash registers and in safe.
4 – Environment
- Promote a high level of morale and respect within department and store, utilizing friendly professional methods of honest and open communication, thereby being a positive example to others.
- Ensures the Front-End is neat and efficient by seeing that all check stands are cleaned daily and stocked with the necessary supplies.
5 – Profitability and Growth
- Maintain effective control of department labor keeping it in line with established budgets.
- Possesses a good understanding of the meaning of sales, gross profit, labor and inventory and its relationship to the effective operation of the department.
- Walk your department with Store Director each day before finishing shift.
- Assist in maintaining effective department security in compliance with company policy and directives.
- Direct and carry out the planning, organization, and direction of the activities of the Front-End Department.
- Ensures the availability, control, accuracy, and proper use of Front-End supplies including but not limited to: bags, register tapes, office forms, cleaning supplies, etc. within established budgets and guidelines.
- Ensure company standards for safety are maintained.
- Ensure company standards for sanitation are maintained.
- Ensure company standards for productivity are maintained.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with accuracy and maintain a high level of productivity and guest service. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Desired knowledge, skills and abilities
1. Ability to read, interpret and apply common sense understanding to instructions, policies and procedures either written or oral.
2. Must possess solid communication skills, including verbal and listening skills in order to effectively and efficiently communicate with guests and team members.
3. Ability to accept constructive review and be accountable for one’s own success.
4. Must possess integrity, a positive attitude, be mission driven, and be self-directed with a shared passion for Broulim’s Mission.
5. Certificates / Licenses: Tobacco and Alcohol Policy Certified
6. Minimum Age: 21 years of age.
7. Experience: Must have previous Front-End experience.
8. Equipment: Cash Register, computer, a-pods ordering
9. Basic math skills required: Basic math skills using units of money, weight, measurement, volume, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages required. An understanding of gross projections, transfers, labor goals, inventory, and other paper work as assigned by store management as required.
10. Physical / Sensory Demands: the work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associated encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable store environment with the possibility of infrequent exposure to cold and hot conditions.
Constantly over 75%
Climbing Step Stool & Ladder
Speaking / Articulation
Driving a Motorized Vehicle
Manual Dexterity – Hand / Finger Coordination
Grasping / Squeezing
Operating Foot Controls
Pushing / Pulling
Overhead Reaching (while lifting)
Floor to Shoulder Lift
Waist to Shoulder Lift
- under 25 lbs.
- 25 lbs. to 50 lbs.
- over 51 lbs.
Posted 17 days ago