Solutions Architect Media & Entertainment – ANYWHERE USA / REMOTE / VIRTUAL (M&E) – Diversified – West Virginia
Full Job Description
The Solutions Architect is a lead member of the core team for each Media & Entertainment (M&E) project. The SA provides direction and oversight through the project life cycle from sales concept to design development, construction drawings to implementation support. As the technical authority on a project team, the SA is instrumental in the determination and execution of client and system requirements and will collaborate with M&E SME teams as required. The SA is also responsible for mentoring other design engineers on the project team. Reporting to a Regional Director of Technical Operation the SAs project assignments are determined by Technical Operations Leadership based on enterprise-wide demands.
What will you be doing?
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads complex engagements and works directly with clients and project teams to develop budgets, timelines and manage expectations.
- Negotiates changes in deliverables and schedules and is an escalation point for engineering issues.
- May be required to regularly lead teams on large projects.
- Conceptualize system designs and determine system requirements.
- Provide technical expertise and coordination information to support the base building tasks performed by others, and planning of audio, video, and control solutions.
- Oversee and/or develop the Bill of Materials (BOM) and supporting documentation.
- Develop detailed design documentation strategy based on established engineering standard practices. Track engineering team tasks to completion.
- Generate functional system descriptions, complete block wiring diagrams, rack elevations, custom plates, or cabling assemblies.
- Research, identify, and recommend technology options for clients and projects.
- Provide technical expertise and oversee the creation of and later reconciliation of the complete construction drawing package, support documentation for installation and coordination with architect and other trades.
- Test, commission, and configure subsystems during project deployment.
- Support projects and teams in build phase. Complete the as-built drawings for service hand-over.
- Provide regular project engineering milestone status updates to Technical Operations resource planning.
- Maintain expertise in the industry through ongoing review of trade publications, participation in industry trade shows, seminars, and educational forums.
- The Senior Design Engineer works with the Regional Engineering Manager, the Technical Operations Directors on resource assignment. This role is primarily billable in a post-sales capacity, though there are times when the SA will work on presales estimation and design efforts.
Decision Making Authority:
- As the final sign off on project bill of materials prior to purchasing, the SA is responsible for vetting products and making detailed equipment decisions. As the technical leader on a project, the SA has the authority to recommend direction on scope changes and programming and commissioning activities. The SA will also be responsible for approving drawing packages being done by other design engineers as well as supervising them in their work.
Physical Working Environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee. Work will normally be performed within normal office conditions and/or home office depending on location of SA. On occasions the employee may be exposed to construction site conditions. Employee will be responsible for their safety while on job sites and to comply with all safety regulations in place by the GC. Use of PPE is usually required on job sites. The employee can typically spend at least 50% of their time on their feet and be required to mobile around the construction site. The individual is regularly required to use keyboards, test equipment and controls required for SI installation projects. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth vision.
- Occasional travel by car and occasional airplane trips are required. Employee must possess a valid driver’s license in their state of residence. Employee will be required to use their own vehicle and will be reimbursed for mileage at the current corporate rate. Local travel to job sites (within a 2 hour driving distance each way) will make up 90% usually but remote travel can be up to 30% of the job at times. < 10% remote travel is required on a regular basis.
What do we require from you?
- High school diploma or GED required
- Proficient in AutoCAD and MS Office 365
Required/Desired Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 8+ years’ experience in M&E technical systems designing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of broadcast technology, equipment, facilities, and production systems used in the Media and Entertainment / Broadcast industry. Formats include high-definition, UHD and HDR video systems deployed using analog, SDI and SMPTE 2110 IP transport protocols.
- Understanding of TCP/IP routing, ACL’s, QoS, VLAN’s and Wireless Access Points.
- Proven track record of successfully completing engineering projects.
- A clear understanding of project phases Program, Conceptualization, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documentation, Construction and Commissioning.
- A thorough, demonstrable understanding of the construction process, installation, and integration as well as architectural and construction drawings and specifications.
- Detailed oriented, independent, self-starter
- Exceptional time management skills with a track record for meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to analyze complex issues and communicate concise succinct messages
- High level of problems solving and technical troubleshooting skills
To learn more about becoming part of the Diversified team, visit us at http://diversifiedus.com/about/careers/ or email us at [email protected].
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer and all aspects of employment will be based on job requirements, individual qualifications, merit, performance and business needs. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We celebrate diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions. Individuals needing assistance or an accommodation to complete an application due to a disability, may contact Human Resources at
Posted 26 days ago