Stockroom Associate / Delivery Driver – Applied Industrial Technologies – Lewiston, ID
Full Job Description
As a leading industrial distributor (and Fortune 1000 company), we realize we are only as strong as our dedicated team. Selling millions of industrial products to all types of customers takes a special team and that’s where you come in. We are hiring immediately for a full time Stockroom Associate / Delivery Driver to join our family.
We say “family” because Applied has been fortunate to keep associates for 20, 30, 40+ years. In fact, 25% of our U.S. team has 20 or more years of service with Applied! Those stats are a testament of how much we value our team, and how much they value Applied.
Why join us?
There is a reason we have been named a Best Workplace 20 times. For all that you bring to your work, you’ll receive the rewards and resources you need to feel fulfilled both professionally and personally. So, in addition to competitive pay including bonus opportunities, and all the benefits you’d expect from an industry leader (401K, insurance, time off, etc.) we also provide:
A LASTING CAREER – Career paths are available in sales or management
- Professional development, training and tuition reimbursement.
- We have a track record for being a great employer. (Best Workplaces 20 times, Outstanding Employer Support award by the US Navy, 50 Best companies to sell for in the US – just to name a few)
What you’ll do:
Our Stockroom Associate / Delivery Driver role has an immediate impact on our Service Center performance and customer satisfaction. You’ll be part of team offering our customers world class service and support. You’ll pick up and deliver orders, ship and/or receive materials, and maintain stock areas and inventory. We’ll also count on you to use your strong customer service skills when interacting with customers at the Service Center as well as when you’re delivering orders.
- Perform various warehouse duties to receive and verify incoming materials, maintain stock areas, prepare sales orders, pick up and deliver orders, stock, and supplies. Verify merchandise and ensure accuracy
- Use motor truck, hand and mobile lift equipment, simple hand and power tools, weighing scales, postage meters
- Operate company vehicle to pick up and deliver orders, equipment, and mail as required. Sort assignments and arrange most efficient route
- Assist in , data entry, counter and telephone sales/service, order pulling, and customer calls as needed
- Maintain clean driving record
- 1+ year customer service or inside sales experience
- Written and verbal communication skills, including English grammar
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend and regular lifting of 50 lbs. or more
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license & clean driving record (MVR)
Build a rewarding career with a global leader in industrial distribution!
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading value-added distributor and technical solutions provider of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, automation technologies, and related maintenance supplies. Our leading brands, specialized services, and comprehensive knowledge serve MRO and OEM end users in virtually all industrial markets through our multi-channel capabilities that provide choice, convenience, and expertise.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posted 14 days ago