Store Sales Associate – Birmingham – Full Time – PPG Industries – Birmingham, AL
From $15 an hour
Driver’s License (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
Day Shift (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Do you want to add a little color to your career? We foster and encourage opportunities for advancement, support your success through collaborative team efforts while allowing you to shine as an individual. So, if you are looking for a dynamic work environment and career growth potential, then PPG is the company for you, APPLY TODAY!
As a Store Sales Associate, you will be the reason our customers come back! They will be excited to see your friendly face because of the outstanding customer service you provide and the important relationships you develop with our regular and new customers every day! You will assist new and returning customers with all paint related needs, including recommending additional products to make their job easier.
- Greet and assess customer needs as they come into store and offer solutions
- Mix, tint and match paint to customer request
- Suggest and upsell additional useful products, such as brushes, rollers, tape, drop clothes, etc.
- Ensure store is always clean and well stocked
- Lift, move and stock store products while following safety guidelines
- Will use POS system to receive payments and cash out customers
- Ensure PPG high service standards are maintained in the store and that customer issues are quickly and efficiently resolved
- Strong customer service skills with an energetic, team orientated and creative mindset
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license, with no restrictions and acceptable driving record
- Ability to work flexible retail hours including evenings, weekends, holidays, and possible overtime, if needed
- Ability to read and follow verbal/written instructions
- Ability to lift and carry up to 80 pounds, periodically, and 40 – 60 pounds, routinely
- Position requires ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, lift, carry, and reach, routinely
- Basic computer and internet skills
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Are you able to lift 50 pounds routinely?
- Are you looking for Part-Time or Full-Time employment?
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application response rate: 52%
Hiring 2 candidates for this role