Technical Sales Representative – RheoSense – San Ramon, CA
Full Job Description
RheoSense is a global high-tech company based in Silicon Valley. Our innovative m-VROC™ & microVISC™ instruments feature patented Viscometer/Rheometer-on-a-Chip (VROC®) technology. Utilizing state-of-the-art MEMS and microfluidics breakthroughs that redefine the viscometry industry, our instruments offer the smallest sample volume per measurement coupled with exceptional ease-of-use and accuracy. We are the leader in biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and the emerging protein therapeutics industries. RheoSense instruments have been rigorously tested, approved, and adopted worldwide by Fortune Global 500 companies and leading research universities.
Our workplace culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity, and bringing your whole self to work – and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Position: Technical Sales Representative
Due to our rapid growth, we are looking to expand our team with a highly motivated, visionary, and enthusiastic Technical Sales Representative with excellent communication skills and technical aptitude for promoting and selling RheoSense products and superior services. This position is highly visible and offers a potential fast-track career growth. Make a difference, come join us! Apply today.
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements, or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
- Be an enthusiastic promoter and representative of RheoSense products and services.
- Manage and interpret customer requirements – listening to clients and using astute questioning to understand, anticipate and exceed meeting their needs.
- Serve as a point of contact with customers in assigned territory.
- Make sales presentations and perform activities for high growth potential that demonstrate how a product or service will meet and exceed client needs.
- Assist with solving customer problems both pre-and post-sale.
- Promote the best technical and commercial solution for the customer in terms of quality, price, and delivery.
- Identify key accounts to target for special value-add or complete custom solutions.
- Accurately forecast and track the monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue streams.
- Work effectively in a team environment and participate in some marketing activities such as local or national trade shows, creating e-marketing campaigns, and other lead generation activities.
- Identify new clients and/or markets that could benefit from the company’s products or services to maximize customer potential.
- Record, update, monitor, and maintain all sales progress, including detailed applications and specific needs of clients using CRM-related tools.
- May perform other duties as required.
- BA, MS, or Ph.D. degree in Engineering or Science discipline is preferred.
- Must have 2 years minimum of sales in instrumentation or related industry sales experience.
- Must have the technical ability to learn our products, applications, and services.
- Proven experience in cross-selling, and competence in various sales activities.
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office.
- Customer-focused: Fast, accurate response to customer questions and needs is critical.
- Accuracy and attention to detail: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Multi-tasking: Able to manage and coordinate multiple projects and priorities.
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to read, analyze common documents; respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and effectively present information to team members and management.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record required when duties require the use of a motor vehicle.
Other Preferred Essentials
- Viscometry or rheometry background and experience are a strong plus!
- Local San Francisco Bay Area pool of Technical Sales applicants is strongly encouraged to apply.
What We Offer
At RheoSense, you can have an excellent job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives, and retirement plans.
- Training and professional career development opportunities.
- Health and welfare programs include medical, dental, vision, life, and wellness programs.
- Paid Time Off.
- 401(k) retirement savings with company match.
- Employee share ownership.
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment.
RheoSense is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Job Type: Full-time