Technical Sales Specialist – Thermo Fisher Scientific – South San Francisco, CA
Full Job Description
The Biosciences Division (BID) is a $2.5 billion business with 4,000+ employees across the globe. Our team serves 480,000 customers with 70,000 products in 180 countries. The majority of the business comes from academic and government funded customers, with the rest of the business coming from the pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare industries as well as from the industrial market. With more than 4,000 patents, over 770,000 scientific citations and 70,000 products, BID is grounded in science.
Technical Sales Specialist
remote for the territory of Northern California
How will you make an impact?
As a member of the team, you’ll be involved in the sales and related support activities for Thermo Fisher Scientific Life Science Solutions Group, Biosciences Division, Recombinant Protein products to specified academic, government or industrial accounts within the assigned territory. The portfolio contains innovative, high quality reagents for ELISA, Luminex Multiplex, Mass Spectrometry, Gene Expression, and Cell Health. We cater to researchers worldwide that empower the process of scientific discovery with a strong focus on applied markets, protein discovery, cellular immunity, immunotherapy, toxicology and oncology.
What will you do?:
- Achievement of assigned territory sales goals
- Promote workflows around immunoassays, cell-culture applications, mass spec, and gene expression for internal and external clients
- Identify and target end-users in Immunology, Organoid, Stem Cell, and relevant Life Science market space, to expand sales of assigned protein catalog.
- Develop and expand new and current relationships in C> space, to expand associated protein product portfolio offerings
- Must possess working knowledge of cell-culture applications, and recognize relevant processes leading to sales opportunities.
- Proactively call on existing and potential new customers via field visits, web conferences and telephone
- Work closely with Thermo Fisher Scientific colleagues to develop specific account growth strategy, account mapping and penetration
- Serve as a technical resource to Thermo Fisher Scientific counterparts in the areas of assigned portfolio
- Qualify sales leads, prospect for new business, and support existing opportunities to generate a strong & robust funnel; forecast on a regular basis
- Coordinate and/or conduct both technical and promotional seminars
- Prepare and implement Territory Sales Plans and update regularly
- Maintain appropriate records for opportunities, demos/trainings, technical support
- Capture and share competitive intelligence and market feedback
- Assist with customer complaints/product quality problems and communicate to the appropriate functions
- Participate in trade shows, vendor shows and related activities as requested
- Contribute to and complete special projects as requested
How will you get here?:
- Requires a BA or BS in Biology, Immunology or related field, preferred M.Sc. or PhD
- Technical background with a minimum of 2 years hands-on experience in a research laboratory setting.
- Previous lab experience with ELISA, Multiplexing, Gene Expression assays, Mass Spec or sales experience selling into these workflows
- Selling experience in the area of Immunoassays, Biomarker Screening Tools, Mass Spec, and/or Gene Expression with familiarity with clients involved in drug discovery, including developing Screening Assays and Biomarker Discovery
- Customer-centric mentality & focus
- Awareness of the life science marketplace, particularly of the immunoassay market, its trends and our competitors
- Organizational skills with the ability to move to plan to action
- Demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication; delivers impactful oral presentations
- Works well both independently and in collaboration with the team
- Driven and motivated to achieve personal and organizational goals
- Ability and willingness to work remotely and travel
- Valid driver license and acceptable driving record
If you are interested, please apply online with your CV and Motivation Letter including possible start date and salary expectations.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other legally protected status.
Posted 9 days ago