Solutions Engineer – Foxconn Industrial Internet- Fii USA – Sturtevant, WI
$70,000 – $80,000 a year
Full Job Description
Foxconn Industrial Internet (Fii) provides innovative design and advanced manufacturing capabilities through Artificial Intelligence-driven solutions. Dedicated to the expansion of AI-driven platforms, Fii centers around Cloud Based Computing, Big Data, High-Speed Networks, Automation, and Industry 4.0 methodology. Join an expansive network of professionals who work together within a company culture of one shared mission.
Fii is currently seeking a Solutions Engineer, who will be responsible for providing technical sales support to prospects and customers, such as evoking confidence in functionality and technology, addressing all technical issues in the pre and post-sales cycle, understanding business requirements, developing a solution, and effectively demonstrate technical capabilities that address customer requirements.
This role requires a broad knowledge of several areas, including systems engineering of high performance, compact, high-quality products; interface definitions; circuit design of mixed-signal boards; software stacks; wireless communication protocols; and RF (Radio Frequency) test methods. This position will also require direct client interfacing over email, virtual calls, and when travel restrictions are lifted in-person meetings. This position is highly technical and is at the front line to answer all customer questions and consult with the engineering team when necessary. The position requires solid experience and persuasive communication. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced start-up-like environment. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, detailed-oriented, and a quick learner.
Furthermore, you will be working cross-functionally with the Software Engineer Team for firmware development including new features, porting 3rd party functions or GPL, and maintenance, per customers’ specifications. This individual will work with the hardware team at the beginning for board bring-up and implement device driver if needed. The right candidate will have significant work experience in network systems such as TCP/IP, NAT, Firewall, DNS (Domain Name System), FTP, Wireless, etc. This position requires working independently to implement features and create test cases to validate designs.
- Firmware development for products including WiFi6 routers, etc.
- Work in a team with other software engineers to develop new features, open-source package porting, and bug fixes.
- Co-work with hardware engineers for board bring-up and system-level debugging.
- Resolve issues related to production line.
- Resolve customer issues reported in the field.
- Potential business trips for product support and debugging on location.
Education Requirements, Ideal Experience:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science/EE is a must
- The ideal candidate will have a diverse technical background that spans several different technologies.
- Experience working in a new product development environment and an understanding of the design process.
- Previous success in a similar role such as a Field Applications Engineer (FAE) for RF systems and/or components of high complexity
- Technical leadership in development and delivery of at least 1 complete system or a major sub-system
- Excellent communication skills, including 5+ years of customer interfacing
- Experience with working on cross-functional teams
- 8+ years total experience
- Must have hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging functional verification, and manufacturing support
- Must have a general proficiency in embedded firmware development
- Acquaintance with schematics, timing diagrams, and other artifacts of embedded systems/hardware/software development
- Must have led creation and influenced system specification or requirements documents
- Provide pre-and post-sales support to customers in their integration of technology
- Timely and accurately answer customers’ technical questions in support of their design efforts
- Assist customers in troubleshooting wireless power systems and embedded hardware
- Work with customers in development of viable proof of concepts
- Generate a knowledge base of FAQ answers; maintain version control and continuous updates
- Support reference design documentation
- Work with cross-functional engineering teams on HW/RF/FPGA/SW/Mechanical/ASIC enabling technologies
- Assist the team in testing and integration of new and existing systems as needed
- Represent the “voice of the customer” for future platforms and designs
- Work directly with the other Embedded Software engineers and Electrical/RF/Systems Test Engineers to write needed software
- Design and implement software on embedded CPUs with multiple OS such as FreeRTOS, TI-RTOS, and embedded Linux (Yocto)
- Up to 50+% travel both domestic and international (when travel restrictions are lifted).
A strong candidate should have both a technical and customer-first mindset and should have industry experience in several of the following:
- 2+ years of Linux OS and router development experience.
- Strong expertise in C programming, Linux shell scripts, and Makefile.
- Familiarity with networking protocols TCP/IP, IPv6, NAT, routing, and firewalls.
- Familiarity with Linux kernel and kernel modules development.
- Familiarity with USB-related applications such as Samba, FTP, DLNA, and iTunes.
- Familiarity with wireless technologies (e.g., BLE, ZigBee, Z-Wave, Sub-G, etc.).
- Familiarity with MCU programming, I2S protocol, and EQ tuning.
- Experience in BSP porting and hardware configuration (e.g., GPIO, LED, NAND flash, etc.) is a plus.
- Working knowledge of communication theory and systems (such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Cellular, ZigBee, etc.).
- Experience designing and debugging RF circuits above 1GHz.
- Implementation and verification of wireless systems.
- Embedded programming experience.
- ASIC or custom silicon development.
- Microcontrollers IC’s (MCU’s).
- SW tools used for modeling and simulations expertise (Perl, Python, MATLAB, etc.).
- LabVIEW (or similar) test automation tool suite.
- Experience with Altium schematic capture tool.
- Design verification methods.
- Circuit design and troubleshooting (debug) of mixed-signal boards.
- Familiarity with Python or similar scripting languages.
- RTOS (Real-Time Operating Systems) software stacks.
- RF and antenna test methods and best practices.
Foxconn Full-Time, Permanent Employees:
- Accrue ten (10) personal days off and ten (10) vacation days off during calendar year.
- 401K savings plan eligibility upon completion of three (3) months of full-time employment.
- Ten (10) paid Holidays.
- Group Health Insurance Plans the first day of the month following the date of hire.
Foxconn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Foxconn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sturtevant, WI 53177: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application response rate: 63%
Hiring 2 candidates for this role
Employer reviewed job 10 days ago
Posted 10 days ago