Technology Change Management & Communications Lead – Northwestern Mutual – Milwaukee, WI
AT NORTHWESTERN MUTUAL, WE ARE STRONG, INNOVATIVE AND GROWING. WE INVEST IN OUR PEOPLE. WE CARE AND MAKE A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE.
Leads large, complex change management efforts to drive behavior change within the Field Experience Engineering organization. Supports the adoption of new ways of working and the advancement of the organization’s overall strategy to improve how teams develop software for financial advisors and their teams. Focuses on the people side of change and influencing behavior via visual story-telling, including efforts with significant people, processes, technology, culture, and/or behavior implications, to realize business outcomes and benefits. Engages teams across the organization in the vision and strategy by creating compelling communications leveraging multiple channels. Architects integrated change strategies to optimize the change experience across large stakeholder groups. Partners with leaders to ensure change strategies align with the strategy and vision. Oversees implementation of change execution strategies in coordination with leaders, collaborators, sponsors, and project teams. Ensures change plans and strategies are measurable and work towards their goals and benefits.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applies NM change methodology and process to deliver the people side of change that is required to achieve our desired business outcomes.
- Identify potential people-related risks and anticipated points of resistance and develop and recommend specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns. Provide insight to project and senior leaders about the potential impact of decisions on the effectiveness of overall change strategy.
- Develop and implement integrated change strategies that promote adoption and optimize business benefits across a broad portfolio of change initiatives that impact one or more large stakeholder groups. Ensure coordinated delivery to optimize the change experience for affected partner groups.
- Lead and influence potential impact of changes to people, process, technology, organization, and culture.
- Partner with business leadership across multiple departments and functions to design planning and program delivery approaches that promote user centric business solutions and ensure change strategies align with the business strategy and vision.
- Create and build efficient change management structures that support an integrated delivery approach and provide direction and oversight to one or more change teams to ensure predictable execution and realization of benefits.
- Influence business sponsors and change teams to create integrated deployment strategies and plans. Educate, influence, align, and coach senior business leaders and project teams to create and implement effective change strategies and plans. Influence change execution strategy and approach.
- In partnership with the enterprise change COE, be an active member of the change community to advance change proficiencies of the company.
- Adopt, integrate, and promote common NM enterprise-wide change process, methodology and language.
- Create, recommend, and implement measurement systems for change success, e.g., quality of user experience, adoption, utilization, performance standards, etc.
- Promote and advocate for the practice of organization change management throughout the enterprise, including seeking and applying external perspective and benchmarking change practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Communication, or a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience, with at least 4 years’ experience leading large change management efforts within Technology space.
- Visual story telling experience to help deliver complex messages to target audience and help encourage agreement.
- Specialized understanding of how people go through change and the change process.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization and influence others, including executive leadership, toward a common vision.
- Strategic and organizational agility, and enterprise thinking.
- Ability to lead in new and ambiguous situations.
- Enjoy working with coworkers across cross functional teams.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent active listening, root cause identification and rapport building skills.
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH A BEST-IN-CLASS COMPANY THAT PUTS OUR CLIENT’S INTERESTS AT THE CENTER OF ALL WE DO. GET STARTED NOW!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups
Posted 30+ days ago