Inside Sales Manager – Linetec – Wausau, WI
Full Job Description
Plant/Department: Inside Sales
Reports to: VP, Sales & Marketing
Summary of Position: Responsible for the management and development of the Inside Sales department including the following duties.
- Direct supervision, development, performance management and recognition of Inside Sales department associates
- Resolve customer and internal issues to support on-time customer delivery and satisfaction
- Coordination of resources to meet company and customer requirements
- Drive the development of associates in a positive, productive environment
- Develop customer relationships and participate in customer visits
- Manage credit approvals or make recommendations for alternate options after evaluating financial and relationship impact on quality issues or credit requests
- Support business operations by providing timely and accurate information on customer’s invoiced sales and sales orders
- Actively participate in with other departments to meet customer (internal and external) requirements
- Review applications, interview, screen and recommend job applicants to fill Insides Sales job openings
- Manage HR systems and processes for department personnel (time and attendance, performance reviews, etc.)
- Apply and ensure compliance with all company, and corporate policies and Core Values
- Apply Lean principles in own work performance and drive Lean applications in company operations.
- Help with account management of internal customers.
- Other duties may be assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, 3-5 years related experience (supervisory, customer service, inside sales) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous success in the leadership and development of teams
- Track record as a proven problem-solver
- A balanced approach to serving both company and customer interests
- Prior experience managing customer relationships and/or the inside sales/customer service function, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Above average computer proficiency and a desire to drive process improvement through use of technology. ERP/MRP and Microsoft Excel experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including motivation and negotiation
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail
- Project management experience and the ability to multi-task
- Financial acumen – understanding profit/loss, pricing and discounting concepts
- Familiarity with Lean business concepts is preferred
Job Specific Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
Usual office working conditions with occasional (5%) exposure to the production environment (heat, operating machinery and noise). Office duties require sitting behind a desk, performing tasks on a computer and extended periods of standing at copier/scanner. Position involves limited travel. No significant physical exertion required.
Apogee and our brands are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Posted 6 days ago