Sr Sales Operations Analyst – Thermo Fisher Scientific – Colorado
Thermo Fisher Scientific Back to Listings
Full Job Description
Senior Sales Operations Analyst (US Remote)
As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
The Sr Sales Operations Analyst role provides an outstanding opportunity for a proactive self-starter to demonstrate leadership abilities and add significant value by providing data-driven opportunity management insights to support the Biosciences Division (BID) selling teams. You will provide sales operations support to multiple Technical Sales Specialists and Business Development Specialists throughout BID by providing sales funnel and demonstration dashboards, ad hoc analytics, program tracking, spiff design and tracking, and other sales operations-related functions. This individual will also recognize and proactively with colleagues to resolve revenue recognition issues that can negatively impact selling teams. You will have daily oversight of routine reporting operations and be the subject matter expert to field sales and commercial operations teams.
To be successful, you must exhibit strong critical thinking skills, be able to think logically and understand the different parts of complex processes. In this role, you will work cross-functionally, and at times globally, with Marketing, Finance, Pricing, Compensation, Product Management and will regularly connect with senior leadership.
- Provide relevant analysis and support to sales teams, including standard revenue and instrument demonstration reporting
- Provide forecasting documents for over $100M worth of instrument sales to commercial leaders
- Ability to apply global resources to build relevant dashboards across global commercial teams
- Proactively identify both missing revenue and missing commission revenue by working with Logistics, Compensation, RSD and Pricing to resolve these issues
- Generate and analyze sales data with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail to identify data gaps and inconsistencies and work with appropriate teams to resolve
- Build Commercial Sales incentive SPIFF terms and conditions documentation, create tracking and verification methods, analyze and report results and submit program(s) payout(s) on a monthly/quarterly/yearly basis to Compensation, as the need arises
- Extract, transform and integrate data from multiple internal and external data sources
- Continuously embrace methods for increased automation into data sourcing
- Collaborate with Sales Leaders to create a functional and accurate forecast file unique to the instrument selling team’s needs and refresh the data weekly
- Bring an innovative, determined spirit to crafting new analytics/tools that drive insight and efficiency
- Develop and publish dashboards using Microsoft PowerBI
- Proactively find opportunities for process improvements and serve as data expert in new process formation to identify issues and complications
- Drive training and use of available PowerBI tools to help selling teams better manage and grow their business
Keys to Success:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a field requiring extensive analytical skills
- 5+ years of professional work experience, preferably in sales operations or related function
- Experience in Life Sciences preferred
- Experience with Salesforce & writing reports in EDW/Cognos is strongly desired
- Experience creating PowerBI dashboards is strongly desired
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated and deep knowledge of Excel. Additionally deep knowledge of PowerPoint, Microsoft Forms, PowerBI is strongly desired.
- Desire and ability to embrace new reporting platforms, as needed
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and proactively identify problems and complications
- Ability to excel in highly-matrix environment
- Excellent analytical and planning skills with the ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand/develop processes that use multiple inputs and data sources to transform information into a user-friendly report
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into concise and useful take-aways; ability to identify key trends and variances accurately
- Able to multi-task effectively, bringing a strong sense of “customer service”, a strong responsiveness ethic and an aim to achieve accurate results
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Posted 18 days ago