Market Development Specialist – Bodycote – Los Angeles, CA
Market Development Specialist
Our people are the heart of our business. As the world’s largest provider of thermal processing services, Bodycote employs thousands of highly skilled staff around the globe, some of the best engineers, scientists, and technicians in the industry. Come join our team!
This role is a direct report to the Vice President for our S3P division. This position will work directly with customers to develop solutions and drive specification and commercialization. This person will employ a hands-on, problem-solving, technical approach to application development. It is a significant opportunity to enter a profitable, high-tech business at a very early stage, and participate in the building of that business. This person will build pipeline opportunities, while closing existing ones, driving and accelerating the growth engine of our business in North America.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Kolsterising and other S3P technology features and benefits, applying them in target industries at the OEM level, where possible.
- Maintain regular follow-up with customers on projects, driving their specification of the process and ultimately commercialization of customer programs.
- Grow the project pipeline and develop business with a hands-on approach, through customer presentations, processing trials, regular contact with technical and other staff at customer.
- Work directly with customers and develop viable material choices and designs utilizing Kolsterising and other S3P treatments.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- This position must satisfy ITAR compliance requirements, therefore candidates must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Resident Card Holder
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field of study
- 10 years experience in Sales, and Business Development
- Hands-on technical development skills with stainless steel, mechanical and functional parts
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50% to cultivate new business
- Must be bilingual in Spanish
- Familiar with stage-gate (or similar product development) process and R&D project management.
- Experience with key target segments and customers – Automotive, medical devices, industrial fluid handling, food processing equipment, etc.
Bodycote has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe, quality-oriented, and productive work environment and for these reasons, all applicants in the United States who receive a conditional offer of employment must undergo a drug screen before employment begins.
Posted 19 days ago