Sales Support Associate – MetLife – Wilmington, DE
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
Role Value Proposition:
In this role, the Sales Support Associate will perform sales support related activities to optimize sales outcomes of the supported sales team
- Support the renewal process by working with Underwriting and Sales to generate the external facing material
- Create and ensure overall strength and consistency of sales communications across supported sales organization
- Document and maintain current sales and field support policies
- Provide implementation support as it pertains to sold business including project management, forms assistance, implementation calls with clients and producers.
- Maintain and continually build response database for proposals based on changing market needs, business updates, trends or competitive intelligence as it relates to sales messaging.
- Collaborate with sales and internal teams to establish strategic project plan for RFPs
- Develop client and producer presentations for use by sales on various sales related topics
- Develop firm understanding of prospects, competitors, broker relationships and sales strategies as it pertains to each case through use of exploratory information gathering and analytical skills and advise, consult and suggest proposal strategy and product alternatives to sales team
- Build and maintain relationships with field organization, functional teams and subject matter experts across the country and throughout the company
- Coordinate interactions between functional teams
- Maintain databases or oversee development of systems or web portals to further enhance sales opportunities and sales efficiencies
- Stay abreast of competition and competitive issues, products and market trends
- Demonstrate strong product and overall business knowledge
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of related sales or administrative experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ yrs. related experience
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn new systems and maneuver within multiple complex systems at same time.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with others as well as independently.
- Ability to solve problems and think creative
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Posted 14 days ago