Solutions Engineer Enterprise Accounts – NetApp – National, WV
We’re forward-thinking technology people with heart. We make our own rules, drive our own opportunities, and try to approach every challenge with fresh eyes. Of course, we can’t do it alone. We know when to ask for help, collaborate with others, and partner with smart people. We embrace diversity and openness because it’s in our DNA. We push limits and reward great ideas. What is your great idea?
“At NetApp, we fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds and perspectives of all employees, customers, partners, and communities to foster a higher performing organization.” -George Kurian, CEO
NetApp Solutions Engineers leverage their technical expertise and NetApp’s industry leading data management portfolio of products and services to solve our customer’s technical requirements and drive successful business outcomes.
A successful NetApp Solutions Engineer works collaboratively as part of a sales team to design solutions that meet and exceed our customer’s requirements and expectations. Key contributions and responsibilities include:
- Successfully identifying and articulating the technical and business requirements to create winning proposals in conjunction with your sales, services and support team.
- Lead product demonstrations and proof of concepts with our customers providing them the ability to experience simplicity and value of NetApp solutions.
- Understand financial and operational requirements to help create ROI models that meet the customer’s needs.
- Creation and execution of Technical Account Plans to align resources to customer’s needs that results in successful implementation of NetApp solutions, deeper relationships and better understanding of NetApp’s products and services.
- Active participation in Field Specialist teams that drive initiatives and provide input to product and engineering organizations.
- Mentor new team members.
- Maintaining currency on complimentary and competitive emerging technologies.
- Engaging subject matter experts to help develop and present solutions when needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order work successfully with prospects, customers, partners and cross functional teams to meet performance goals.
- Account management and project management experience.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Travel to the prospective customer’s sites as necessary
- As a seasoned professional with a wide range of experiences, this individual uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Is responsible for a specific install base and large, complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important accounts.
- This individual effectively works with, and influences senior internal personnel within the function, employees in other functions that support the sales effort, and has direct customer contact.
- Limited management supervision and direction is provided since this individual operates and drives results independently.
- The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert and strongly influences sales team decisions and initiatives. May also act as a team leader and major decision maker for team projects.
- Ability to work in tandem with a sales rep and execute towards a goal together and separately.
IC – Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience.Mgr & Exec – Typically requires a minimum of 6 years of related experience.
Did you know…
Statistics show women apply to jobs only when they’re 100% qualified. But no one is 100% qualified. We encourage you to shift the trend and apply anyway! We look forward to hearing from you.
In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. No one knows how to elevate the world’s biggest clouds like NetApp. We are data-driven and empowered to innovate. Trust, integrity, and teamwork all combine to make a difference for our customers, partners, and communities.
We expect a healthy work-life balance. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to volunteer with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
If you run toward knowledge and problem-solving, join us.
U.S. Residents Only: In accordance with NetApp’s Policy, all U.S. employees of NetApp must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if they work at a Company location or remotely. If there is a reason preventing you from receiving the COVID-19 vaccination, you must request and be approved for one of the legally acceptable exemptions and reasonable accommodation must be established.
Posted 30+ days ago